Thread: The C6 Corvette

The C6 Corvette

About an hour ago i went off it see the new C6 corvette and what is all the talking about. Let me tell you im not to impressed with the cars qulity sucks the body is completely made out of plastic. The interior is made out of some imataion of leather that i could rip with my nails!. The interior of the car looks like the last gen Z06, the same dash broad and shifter. the streing wheel comes from a chevy cobalt!.

The only things i liked about the C6 Corvette is the engine and the glass sunroof!. maybe GM will offer the create engines they will make perfrct power for a lambo replica.

Bottom line if your looking for an exotic supercar this isnt all that great there are many problems and im sure this car is defective. Maybe the Z06 will shine some light on C6 image but right now if your thinking about buying please stick to building a replica!. At least kitcars are made out of fiberglass. Not to mention lamborghini or ferrari replicas some of the have leather intriors and such
    So whats wrong with a replica?

Re: The C6 Corvette

For your info, the material used to make vette panels (i forgot the 3 letter acronym, i keep thinking MDF) is superior to fiberglass in most ways. Safer, lighter, and flexible [dent-resistant]. kits made out of that stuff would be godly, but the process and equipment required to make it is what keeps it out of kit makers' hands. :P

Fiberglass cracks easily in comparison, it's heavy/thick to make good panels, and has little flexibility with most resins made. Carbon fiber is a totally different process that resembles how corvette panels are made.

As for the interior, well i've never been a fan for american and japanese interiors for obvious reasons. europeans are apparently more gifted at mass produced luxury interiors custom is good too
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

You're right Auto.. The fit and finish is nothing to compare. Europeans have this down. I've owned imports, US and Europeans cars and when you take them apart and disect each peice and see how it was engineered wow what a difference. The proccess used to make the Vette panels is a type of injection molding and vacumn bagging. MDF stands for medium density fiberboard, this is a type of partical board you buy at Home Depot. But as far as calling a Corvette a exotic supercar it is FAR from anything close to a supercar. I like vettes, but thats all they are.. there are a billion of them and very rarely are they personalized like an exotic. not always but usually just another vette on the street.
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

i know what MDF is, i've worked alot with it, its just the acronym that kept popping up in my head when i was thinking of the material used. it's SMC thats used for corvettes. i love the looks of the vette, very elegant, and the power (nomatter how inefficient) is still great. people say it's an affoardable powerplant, but it's far from that as far as i've seen.

PS: the new mitsubishi evo is going to have 400hp from a 2.0L engine. now thats nice.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Do you think that the engine from this new gen Corvette will work with a lamborghini replica perfectly? Both car perform just the same and this vette weighs a bit more than some reps so maybe you can use the engine from this car into some of thekitcars.

uhm.. LS1s are already commonly used in kitcars, so i dont really get what you're trying to suggest that's radically different ???
    even if you get an older vette engine, a good turbo will get it beyond diablo specs easily, but it will still sound like a truck and not an exotic :P

There is no problem with it sounding like a truck a Viper sounds no diffrent from a dodge ram. This new Corvette engine makes the power without the aid of a turbo. The car can beat a real Ferrari 360 and can hit a topspeed well over 180mph. I dont know if the LS6 is more powerful than the new LS2 engine.

Or wait until the new Z06 comes out then that will be instant performance for a lambo replica. no modifactions needed it will have around 500bhp and 500TQ so it could make as much power as a real Diablo. But im afraid to ask the price of a create engine when they are realeased.

the car cant beat a 360, its been tried and failed (i saw a vid somewhere) but none the less the engine is a beast. getting power is never the problem (a chevy v8 will get you loads for cheap) but the problem IS the sound for most people with diablo replicas. just go look at the discussion boards
    besides a fairly new porsche 911 with a few mods can hit 210mph or even 220mph. it's all about the $ price of the engine & tranny, the sound, and what performance you want. some like the bmw v12, so they go for it, but its not cheap. a porsche 928 engine is a true monster (320hp stock, and thats 15 years ago) but the cost of maintaining or tuning one would be just as monstrous :P

honestly, a low rumble in a diablo is a dead giveaway that its not real if you've ever heard a real one :P thus why poeple get 180 degree headers on their replicas