Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine cover?

Engine cover?

Are we ever going to see this in the Ferrari replica world? The diablo guys have figured out the V12 engine cover, is this possible for us too?

Here is something that may be of interest to a few people here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...509977309&rd=1
    Darren

Re: Engine cover?

Wow, I can clean up the door I have and try to sell it for that much too. As for the engine cover with the DIablo's there is a higher profit margen to be made. With the Ferrari's it would cost to much to do and would lower the profit margin for us even more then what it is since the real 355's are getting cheaper and cheaper. But I am sure that a guinea pig out there that gets a 355 kit and an SHO engine might fab something in the lat future .

aconcepts

get mesurement from the top of your engine and i will see what i can do
    not promissing anything but i will try
    I need lenths and withof the top of your engine so i can make it fit over the top of it

aconcepts

i would also need the leath of the engine bay and the with too

aconcepts

here is the start of the engine cover and yes it is 6 am here and i am still up
    It is going to have 4 pieces to it 2 sides that bolt to a 2 part center coverr with the ground wire to the first left hand bolt in the front .there are 6 bolts to hold it togeather and 7 stripes on the valve covers and in the center part and the other center part top and a bopttom .well have fun all enjoy

I have all of these OEM engine pieces. I have started to build forms for duplicating them but I can tell you they will not fit in a 355 kit. There is less than a couple inches of deck lid clearance on a 355 kit where as the Diablo deck lid is about roof height giving them more room to work with.

I have rigged these original parts to be functional on my V8 build. My ford V8 uses the same Bosch mass air flow meter (needs to be calibrated to 80mm spec) and I am using the ferrari air boxes too. I made a 1/4" aluminum plate for the bottom of the engine plennums to mount to the lower intake of my ford 5.0L. With the added chamber air space I will gain tons of torque too!! In between the two engine plennums is a coolant resivoir, which I can use as well due to cramped space in the engine bay.

As for an engine cover over the 2.8L, not enough room, not by a long shot. I am replicating the air boxes and plan to make a trunk cover with them built in, but again, not much room to work with to get the exacting details of the originals. It has been in the works for me for a while but due to cost, time, and size constraints my progress has been slow.

Just to give you an idea, I have over $4000 in those engine parts. Just like the lambo cover, they are being made in very small production #'s at a very big cost so if these covers would be made as well, they would have to go for $1000+ to justify the setup costs. I think the lambo cover is $1200.
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

aconcepts

that awsome so when will you have it done ?

I am hoping to have a car "together" by John Watson's BBQ in June. It will most likely be in raw fiberglass and unfinished interior, but it will be a complete rolling chassis. There is basically nothing fiero left. It has gotten a tubular back half, tubular front end with front fuel cell. The only remaining stock sheet metal is the floors and doors, which the doors are chopped 2" and a flat floor conversion was performed. Even the title says "specialty constructed" rather than fiero.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...511949409&rd=1
    heres a replica sparkplug cover for replica 355's

That seller is also selling replica side mirrors intended for the MR2 kits. I have seen him sell several of both. Do you know if thos emirrors are of good quality and about how much they go for since they are more common in the UK? Thanks, just would like to know if it might be worth the international shipping.