Thread: Replica for $15,000

Replica for $15,000

Hey guys i really think im close to start my first replica project by summer 2003, and i want to know is it possible building a replica for $15,000 CAD? like i mean whether it is a V8 Archie F-40 or Finale kit is it a plausable idea? what about 308 kits?

Marcello

Re: Replica for $15,000

Possible, but unlikely, unfortunately. Don't think you'll be able to do any nice exotic for that price, and if you go with a v8 archie/PISA kit the exchange and shipping will most likely bring you up to $10,000 CAN. Then you have wheels, interior, paint, stereo, and all that other nice stuff that just sucks the money out of your pocket.

Yes I have to agree with Ari.Most companies out there seem to start close to $10,000. just for the kit (body)and thats not including shipping.There are a few companies that I have seen that have some of there kits at as low as $5000. but although that price sounds lovely it seems to good to be true(you get what you pay for)Just as an example I got my fiero for free,Im going to pick the body up myself from d&r and my car when completed is still going to run about $25,000. (taking a guess) and my research for the past year.But this is just my opinion.Good luck with your project!
    Ray

I've come to realize that this possibility is highly unlikely, however im not giving up. If officially decided and planned my budget on what im going to perform. I wish to purchase a 88GT, and install a caddy 4.9 Engine, im not completely sure i dought that just grabbing a fiero and throughing a caddy motor is gunna suck the whole budget dry, how ever the $10,000 is just to get the major things done:

Car
    Motor
    V8Archie interior kit
    and the rest will fall in its place as i go

What do you guys think? is this a good idea any one can give me any suggestions?

Marcello

Hey guys i really think im close to start my first replica project by summer 2003, and i want to know is it possible building a replica for $15,000 CAD? like i mean whether it is a V8 Archie F-40 or Finale kit is it a plausable idea? what about 308 kits?

Marcello
    Your first question $15,000.00 is posible. ;D Check out my website www.edstephens.net
    and click on <$$Cost$$>.

Fino
    Fino<br />www.feroce.com<br /><br />The National Kit Car Club.<br />http://www.kitcarclub.com/

I've come to realize that this possibility is highly unlikely, however im not giving up. If officially decided and planned my budget on what im going to perform. I wish to purchase a 88GT, and install a caddy 4.9 Engine, im not completely sure i dought that just grabbing a fiero and throughing a caddy motor is gunna suck the whole budget dry, how ever the $10,000 is just to get the major things done:

Car
    Motor
    V8Archie interior kit
    and the rest will fall in its place as i go

What do you guys think? is this a good idea any one can give me any suggestions?

Marcello

The Northstar is out of the question. That will cost about $15,000.00 installed alone.

Archie has both kits on sale now for only $5,200.00. Tell him I sent you and he might give another $1.00 off. :

Fino
    Fino<br />www.feroce.com<br /><br />The National Kit Car Club.<br />http://www.kitcarclub.com/

He said $15K CAN - That means $9,520 USD.

He said $15K CAN - That means $9,520 USD.

OOPS!!

I didn't know he was from Canada. $9,520.00 USD won't get you very far.
    $9,520.00 USD - V8 Archie Kit $5,200.00 USD = $4,320.00 USD
    $4,320.00 USD - Shipping ?? $750.00 USD = $3570.00 USD
    $3570.00 USD - Paint $4000.00 USD = OOPS!!!

This does not even cover the cost of sandpaper, Fiberglass, Duraglass, Bondo... Etc.

Fino

Ok thanks for the input