Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever seen this done before on a 355 kit?

Has anyone ever seen this done before on a 355 kit?

I saw this ad on ebay and look what he's done with the factory GT rear section and 355 Spider back. It defiantly not authentic but an intrusting mix of the two. I have never seen this done before what do you guys think?* ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=7251

Re: Has anyone ever seen this done before on a 355 kit?

http://www.coolcustomcars.com/355bodypkg.html

this is a cool concept, there haven't been any completed yet. I like this version a little more, just my 2 cents.
    Darren

I've talked with Ron Larson at Cool Customs alot but the thing that strikes me is that he sounds like he has this big replica car business but when you look at his web site he has the same 5 cars on there for years, has he built many more? It seems to me if he wanted to get people to buy trunkeys he should post more pictures of cars he completed that was people can see the quilty of his work and know that hes not just some hole in the wall shop. Well thats my 2 cents.*

Oh yes for the money Air Dynamics all the way.* ;D

Re%3A+Has+anyone+ever+seen+this+done+before+on+a+3 55+kit%3F

I+agree+with+you+there,+Ive+seen+the+same+cars+on+ his+site+for+the+past+2+years.+Anyone+know+if+hes+ ever+been+here+on+the+forum%3F
    Darren

I believe Ron has been on here before. I don't remember his nickname, though...

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

OK, so I think I have a chassis. I am finally ready to start my first 355 kit. Honestly, I was thinking of going with Ron Larson (coolcustomcars.com) for my very first 355 spyder build. Now, obviously John Watson's kits are MUCH better all around and I plan on using his 355 Berlinetta (coupe) kit for my own car. But for the first car, I want to start out simple, then work my way up. I can get a spyder kit from Ron around 3.5k, were I here Watson's kits are more around 8k. Any insight? you guys are all awsome, I really love this forum!

Darren
    Darren

Darren, What chassis did you go with? I was going to say since you're here local I had one you could buy. But I'm glad you were able to find one. What drivetrain does it have? The coupe is def a much easier build than the Spyder. If you're looking to build something that will go together quick go with the coupe. My opinion.

David
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Darren,

I started out with a more difficult (but cheaper) IFG style kit (remember Ron Larson kit is more or less just a really cleaned up IFG kit) for my frist build and what happened, I ran out of steam to many things were hard to do about that kit, so I sold it now I bought an AD 355 Coupe non strech and I figure this kit will be way less difficult to build and wont die half way done. So for my 2 cents I would start simple and pony up the few extra dollars and buy John Watsons kit and then work from there. Plus you see all the time kits started with the best intenions and then sold for a huge losses not finsihed (just talk to me and superstang460 about that...lol) but a turn key will return your money in the event you need to sell it (saying you dont go to overboard with OEM stuff and extras) but an unfinished project will almost never return half your money. Oh well I think Im done, just the ramblings of someone whos been in your shoes. Good Luck!*

I picked up an '86 chassis off ebay for $1200, I purchased an '88 cradle and getrag 5 from a guy in cali (still waitin' on that). Right now I'm trying to find a 3800 s/c with decent mileage and I'm probably going to pick up the wide track and bump steer kit from Held. My brother on the other hand, is green with envy and is now in the market for a chassis, so if you still have one you want to get rid of feel free to shoot me an email (andeda1@hotmail) and I'll forward it to him. As for kit choice, I am definetely a believer in the Watson kit, this first project I am building with no intentions of keeping for myself. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely going to go all out on it and build it right. I just think I'd rather get a little build experience, then work my way up. Eventually I plan to build a Diablo 6.0 (NAERC of course!). I have a potential buyer, that is why I am starting with a spyder kit. David, how are your projects coming along? Thanks for the input guys, Happy Hollidays to all!
    Darren

Darren Good Luck!! Always stay excited about the project, never let it become work. I also want to build a 6.0 but let me finish my AD 355 first!! ;D Post pictures of your progress Darren, its always fun to learn things together.