Thread: Donor Glass

Donor Glass

Hey guys I don't know if anyone can help me out with my deisgn process, but I am looking for donor glass that is DOT legal for my custom car. I have been looking at cars like Mitsu Eclipse, 3000gt, Mustang. Does anyone have any ideas of a farily common car that has a windshield and side glass that looks very sporty like a diablo or ferrari. I want something pretty common because I could possibly find them in the junk yard for a reduced price. Because I am designing it from the ground up I want to design around the glass rather than redesign when I build the plug. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

aconcepts

Re: Donor Glass

you need a full shoot of the windsheild and a side pro of the windshield too
    I would say a 1996 camaro ss
    front and side a doge intrepid and is there qt glass what is the rear like ?
    let me know i would look and see
    looks good

Hey sorry for taking so long to respond, my heatsink on my motherboard went bad and it took a while for me to fix it. I currently am on a 3d modeling website that has a huge inventory of all kinds of car blueprints. I looked up the camaro and even the corvette which might be a little more expensive , but look more sporty for me. Sadly they dont have all of the views I need for those two models. My car is going to be a roadster so it most likely will not have quarter glass, and I think the rear glass will just be flat safety glass until I change my mind again. lol I am going to look up the dodge intrepid now thanks for the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sehnsucht_musik
    Hey sorry for taking so long to respond, my heatsink on my motherboard went bad and it took a while for me to fix it. I currently am on a 3d modeling website that has a huge inventory of all kinds of car blueprints. I looked up the camaro and even the corvette which might be a little more expensive , but look more sporty for me. Sadly they dont have all of the views I need for those two models. My car is going to be a roadster so it most likely will not have quarter glass, and I think the rear glass will just be flat safety glass until I change my mind again. lol I am going to look up the dodge intrepid now thanks for the thought.
    What 3d modeling site is that ??????????????

a guy i know has molds for diablo side glass. put in a sheet of lexan, heat up and you get a really solid cheap window that you can continuously manufacture. unlike normal glass (tempered), lexan can be cut at any angle so you arent restricted by someone else's design. and yes if the lexan/polycarbonate is thick enough, it's bulletproof ;D

$150 takes the metal molds
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Hey trevorc the website is http://www.smcars.net/forum/index.php. Are you doing the same thing or just like modeling?

Automx I am thinking about the mold idea, but I cant buy anything for a while yet. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by sehnsucht_musik
    Hey trevorc the website is http://www.smcars.net/forum/index.php. Are you doing the same thing or just like modeling?

Automx I am thinking about the mold idea, but I cant buy anything for a while yet. Sorry
    Hello AutoMX...

some interest in modeling as I am a performance engineer for a computer manufacturer. But my biggest interest is in building and "what-if's" of the auto world. I really enjoy the fun of imagineering what a manufacturer might have built. For instance, what is Groupe B had of continued or Groupe S actually got off the ground in the late 80's/early 90's... What would have a EVO version of the Porsche 959 looked like... I would expect that Porsche would have gone to mid-engine (Audi and Ford where planning to)..... Or, "what-if" the Targe Florio was still being run.. what would have the Porsche GT1-98 Lemans car looked like in Targa Florio fittings ?

Anyway, thx for the link !!

PC or automotive computers? if it's PC, ive never heard of 'performance engineers' ;D but hey it sounds cool

i'm not sure if there was a specific question aimed at me here though.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMX
    PC or automotive computers? if it's PC, ive never heard of 'performance engineers' ;D but hey it sounds cool

i'm not sure if there was a specific question aimed at me here though.
    lol at AutoMX.....

performance as in data centre servers !!

no worries, there was no question..... just idle ramblings... lol....

Trevor