Thread: Want longitudinal engine/kit. What are my options?

Want longitudinal engine/kit. What are my options?

I am starting to investigate the options available to me to do a custom frame, stretched, longitudinal-mounted mid V8 kit. This is MILES ahead of myself : but I like to turn things over in my mind .......in advance. So humour me.

If you know of specific ones, please plug in the link; I will look at every one. Price range?..... well...
    price is ALWAYS a concern but for purposes of "LOOKING" I guess I would 'consider' turnkey prices up to about $75K. That is just to establish some sort of parameter for this thread is all. The "Ultima GTR" makes my mouth water, but the turnkey price of over $110K while WELL worth it, is just too far away from my means. Oh well. If they supplied the 'bulk' of the kit for 1/2 that it MIGHT be worth looking at........ (smack!! now STOP that daydreaming!!)

I REALLY like the GT40 kits but there seems to be a lot of variance in appearance even tho a number claim 'authenticity' in their measurements etc. I just checked out Archies and see that it is a transverse V8; no surprise and I am sure it works great, but I just want to go with a longitudinal one is all.

I am NOT a lambo fan, at least of the Countach etc; so maybe other ones, altho the chassis stretch (in the 9" range) is appropriate of course.
    So what are my options? What kits are out there? Links? Related info? Let me know; I am sort of starting to look.
    Thanks!!
    GP

Re: Want longitudinal engine/kit. What are my options?

well hopefully someone will put up their ideas;
    As a thought, I saw an absolutely beautiful Ford GT40 kit at Carlisle probably 6-8 yrs ago; it was more of a 'race' car than anything but then again the GT40 WAS, wasn't it........
    But it was just perfect. And at that time it was about $52K US if I remember correctly, turnkey. And I think they were out of Florida; does that ring a bell with anyone?

Any input is fair game here.
    ;D

Re: Want longitudinal engine/kit. What are my options?

Try this link: http://fp.enter.net/~rockcrawl/SBCLa.html

Keep smiling!

LarryG ;D