Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do i need to do to get this type of ferarrai ???

what do i need to do to get this type of ferarrai ???

im thinking about getting a fiero and getting a 355 ferrari kit . but the thing is i want pretty much a brand new build. i dont want my car to bust down on the road somewhere when im drivng it. so after i get the fiero i want to make it a brand new car with the kit. what will be the most important things that i will need to change on the car.

1) i will need a completely new engine
    2) new suspension

whatelse will i need to do this ? thanks for any info. ???

Re: what do i need to do to get this type of ferarrai ???

Quote Originally Posted by kitcarguy15
    im thinking about getting a fiero and getting a 355 ferrari kit . but the thing is i want pretty much a brand new build.* i dont want my car to bust down on the road somewhere when im drivng it. so after i get the fiero i want to make it a brand new car with the kit. what will be the most important things that i will need to change on the car.

1) i will need a completely new engine
    2) new suspension

whatelse will i need to do this ? thanks for any info.* ???
    Please do not take this the wrong way but you cannot make a 15+-year-old car new. I have a friend that spent 25k on his car and still had problems Then again you can buy a new car for 25k and it can break down the next day. I can tell you that if you are going to drive a Fiero get ready to break down its not a matter of if but when. The bad thing about the little car is they get in your blood and they are fun to drive so most overlook the problems they have.

It is possible to make a custom chassis, use new MR2 parts, and find a good new engine and tranny like the lotus drivetrains. the costs would be horrific though replicas are what they are because we cant affoard new ferraris (and especially not used ones)
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

ok if its going to be to expensive then what should i change on the old fiero first to prevent a quick break down. i wont be able to afford to change of of it so i can only pick and choose the more important parts first. i know the engine is the first most important thing. so i know i want to get a brand new never used engine maybe a v8. whats the next most important thing to change? ??? is it the suspension ?

maybe you should look into the mechanics of cars. the engine wont break down just like you think. it all depends on what you buy. there are some fieros that are under 40k miles and look/run like new. there are some for $300 with horrible engines that MIGHT start, but wont go 2 feet.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I agree with these people /\ /\ /\

You could get a new car and it break down 2 seconds later....I would buy a fiero *WITH LITTLE RUST AS POSSIBLE* strip it down and see what ya need..look at the tie rods, the suspension, if your going to put a new engine in there maybe buy one from the junk yard and get it rebuilt so at least your macanic can tell you hey you might wanna keep an eye on this...so many possibilitys...I was kinda like you...nobody wants to see a Ferrari On the side of the road let alone being towed, but hey! stuff happens

Brad

If you can find a Florida, California, etc car from a warm climate, you should be able to obtain one without rust on it anywhere. They are out there for less than $1,000, most will have a rat interior though, The seats are the weakest point on the car. But a call to Mr. Mike will save you some heartache there.

Let us know if we can help.

If you need to contact John Watson for some advise, his number is 706-328-3311.

Tell him we sent you!

Regards,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

thanks for all the suggestions, but i will find a builder to do the work for me. i will buy a new engine . thinking of a v8 with at least 400-500 hp. then i will buy new suspension as well. hopefully it will run nicely without too many problems. i will need power windows, and new replica rims for the 355 as well. any other suggestions on whatelse that might be important to replace on the old fiero? actually wouldnt it be just like new if i only use the chasis of the car? plus i will need a very good builder for the 355. any ideas what company i should get? i want a company who has done work like this before and have cars to show for their work. thanks .

Mike D has a Fiero chassis built with a 350 5-speed installed in it built as a Spider. All you need is an Air Dynamics body and the wheels. Look hime up and see if you can save some cash by getting his project.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I bet if you added up all the hours required for the parts and labor to mount and finish the body, interior, engine,suspension etc it will cost more than buying a used Ferrari 355. There is a reason most guys build these things themselves. It's called sweat equity. Paying someone else to do it for you makes absolutely no sense at all.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.