Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I took the 87 GT out for a drive

I took the 87 GT out for a drive

And thought I would take a picture of it to show were itís at. I do not like the Rossa Corsa red so I will repaint the whole car when the bodywork is finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: I took the 87 GT out for a drive

Looking good! Is this what you did with your ad spyder kit? More pictures please! ;D

Yes that was the spider kit I was surprised that the rear quarters matched the top of the GT exact I kept the Fiero back engine cover as to have a factory seal and mounted the 355 scoop and rear on it and retained all stock hinges and latches. I'm really happy with it and I know it is not a perfect copy but it is solid and more factory this way and the best part is (I"M DRIVING IT) as soon as I decide a color that I want I will finish the paint. The front looks the same as all AD 355s I did modify my turn signals to fit Toyota Camry turn signals and I made my door vents larger than they came because I wanted a better look they looked to small before. I also removed the Saturn headlight and mounted two small headlights side by side at the front when up and on they actually look like one long full-length headlight. The main thing is I am happy with this car and am enjoying it. Before I paint I also plan to put either one or two side by side inverted hood scoops to get better flow from the radiator I like this feature when done on the Fiero and I think it will look good on this car. I'm also thinking about putting the Fiero rear wing on the car I saw pictures of Daveís coupe and it looked pretty good. I still cannot decide weather to put scoops were the Fiero sail windows go or cut more lexan to go there.

Your car is looking great. I will bet it is nice to get the thing on the road. I am impressed on how good it looks. Are you going to paint it the new Ferrari M322 red that has more orange in it or do you have something else in mind?

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

It is the more orange 322 now but it is still to red for me I like the red I saw on a Fiero at a car show and he told me it was Ferrari red but it is not it was so bright and light it glowed I'm trying to find that color I have found a color named China red that was on a Fiat but only for one year in 1979 it looks close to the red I want. I still have mods to do so no rush It is 70 here again thank goodness the cold is gone for a little while I drove the car around soon today. It has a hard time pulling the wide tires feels like I lost 50 HP.

I took the GT out again today after I took the SBC out of the other car I sold the motor so I had to part the donor. Here are a couple more shots of it. I wish some one good at photo shop would put some vents in the side window area and the hood so I could see if it will look good or not. Well I was going to post some pictures but it says they are two large I will take smaller ones tomorrow

its really too bad you dont like that red. It is the classic Ferrari color and the "correct" color for the car. The orangish red or Scudderia red is not nearly as impressive IMO. Perhaps you should finish the paintjob then make a decision. Better yet, try to get to a Ferrari dealer or show and see what Corsa red looks like on a car polished, waxed and ready. I would doubt youd dislike it. There is no color more "right" for a Ferrari, the numbers of cars bought in "Corsa" prove that. Also if you ever decide to sell it, I assure the new buyer will be dissapointed when he discovers the paint is a red other than Corsa.

But at the end of the day it's indeed your car, do what you feel, just a few points for you to consider. I am painting my car either Titanium Siver or white but because my interior is Corsa red.

The reason I have built this car the way I have is because when building my spider I would get very fed up with the car and was trying to make it look just like a 355 it was making me sick. I have always built my cars custom to look better than it did stock and once I realized I like making cars look better than the way the factory built them I felt better and decided I had the parts to make a good looking 87 GT and not a 355 clone I started getting in to the project more. I still consider this car a Fiero and I am thinking about not putting the Ferrari emblems on the car at all. As far as the color I have a vision in my mind and I have seen it once before I am also looking at some two tone themes to make it different I want a car that stands out above the rest not one that looks like the rest. I hope this explains it more and the important thing is I am happy with my car now and before I was not. ;D

I replaced my front end this morning the one out of my 86 I cut up had the new big brakes and the lowered springs

I'm also working on making side windows or vents making a metal template.