Thread: New fiero kit opinions

New fiero kit opinions

8) Hello fellow kitcars enthusiasts. This is my first post here but I have been checking this forum regularly for a while now. What a great place for kit enthusiasts to share info and stories. Thanks Ari! ;D
    I'm curious to get some feedback from some of you kitcar guys on a new fiero kit I'm thinking about building. I am a big Lamborghini fan, particularly the Diablo. There are definitely more good quality kits out now (D&R, NAERC) than a few years back but they are still quite expensive and challenging to build.
    My thinking is there might be a market for a quality Lambo look kit that was more than just a simple rebody but didn't require as much cutting up of the Fiero chassis as a Diablo or Countach. Enter the Lamborghini Cala, a 1995 prototype car that was ready for production before the Lamborghini company changed ownership and it was cancelled. It was basically a little brother for the Diablo with a V10 engine.
    The Cala definitely has the Lambo look but is smaller than the diablo and doesn't have the scissor doors. My thought is a similar looking body style could be made for the Fiero that didn't require a stretch and that could possibly use the stock door frames and hardware. Also the Cala is close to the same height as a Fiero so there should be good headroom. I'm not sure I like the lights and the glass roof panels would probably have to go but you get the basic idea; a sleek Lambo looking car that would definitely be unique and would be easier to complete than a Diablo or Countach, comparable to a non-stretched 355 maybe.
    Anybody have an opinion or comment? I'm curious to get some feedback. Sorry for the long post.

P.S. You can see pictures of the Cala at lambocars.com

Re: New fiero kit opinions

I like it!

There is also an new V-10 Lambo coming...and there was the Jalpa from the 80's!

I am dying for a good NON STRETCH kit, that won't cost a billion dollars to complete, and looks good. Truthfully, I wish for something original, and Ferrari-esque...but hey, beggars cannot be choosers.

My vote: GO FOR IT! Make it simple, and fairly inexpensive ($5K or less, for complete body kit) Offer an interior...(even a 355 interior would work..although with Diablo style seats, and console, with a Lambo Wheel) And give us room for 275's in front and 335's in the rear!!!

Also, you MUST make a spyder Version; a few of us have attacked their cars with torches, saws, and other power tools, lol!

Steve
    87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Here's a pic from www.conceptcarz.com:

www.rapidcars.com lists it as an Italdesigns:
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Lambofan
    Welcome to the forum
    looks like we have some of the same ideas, I LOVE the Cala and have study the desing and shape on it a lot and this is my theory , certain manufacturer who are known for copying other manufacturers design " borrow " quiete a bit from the Cala, from the roof line, high sitting door , 1/4 window shape, front head lights, etc, etc well I am sure many of you might know by now..... its is the new Toyota Celica if I had the time and funds I would make a cala using the center portion of the celica and making it mid eng........well I wonder who else thought about that idea I would love to know who else notice the similarity.

New Celica...

??? I don't really see it... Well, maybe a little...
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

You were what...expecting the Japanese to come up with something attractive AND original? Yeah right. While you are dreaming, can I win the Lottery? lol.

Okay, that was a bit harsh, but they do copy so much, it gets a little annoying.

What about that kit?
    87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder