Thread: LS1 in an 86 Fiero GT

LS1 in an 86 Fiero GT

Hey guys, Im just about to purchase an 86 Fiero GT and was wondering if anyone on here has done an LS1 conversion. How did it go? How much modification was needed? Which box did you use with it? Fieros are pretty rare here in Australia so that is why I have decided to buy it ( Pending on convincing the wife... nearly have her convinced after showing her pics with a 355 body on it...) The LS1 is a hugely popular engine here and now they have released the LS2 in the latest Commodore range I can see it going nuts aswell... Any info you guys can tell me regarding your experiences would be greatly appreciated.
    Modified cars dont kill,<br />Idiot drivers do.........

Re: LS1 in an 86 Fiero GT

Quote Originally Posted by benno1
    The LS1 is a hugely popular engine here and now they have released the LS2 in the latest Commodore range I can see it going nuts aswell...
    HMMMMM Holden......... I wish they sold the HSV line in the US. I know the new GTO is a Holden but I'd like to see the 4dr sedan. I can't help you with the engine swap, I haven't done one and I'm putting a supercharged V-6 in mine when I do. Good luck on the project and welcome to the forum.

I have seen it done before and the only thing i know it you have to modfiey the firewall. Thats about it.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

I pln on doing one someday :

A good place for info on this swap is www.fiero.nl (Pennock's Fiero Forum). Look for someone named LS1swap, I believe.
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

I am developing the LS1/LS6 kits for the automatic 4T65eHD application.

See this page for some details, but the project is progressing slowly. I hope to have a Fiero done by Feb 15th..

http://www.fastfieros.com/enginesava...nesforsale.htm

Loyde
    http://www.fastfieros.com

Thanks heaps guys for that. Some really helpful info Most people I speak to here ( in Australia ) have never even heard of the fiero let alone have any info on doing mods to them!
    Modified cars dont kill,<br />Idiot drivers do.........

I'll have to advise you just as RCR has... check on www.fiero.nl

awesome site and you run into the right ghuys on there and pay attention, you'll be very knowledgable on the fiero...

good luck in your efforts...
    ~Tim Bonner<br /><br />glassfabricant@gmail.com

Hi all,

Hey fastfieros will the kit you are building include the ability to mount a getrag...??
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!