Thread: When is the Daytona/Fiero show this year?

When is the Daytona/Fiero show this year?

Anyone know the exact dates of this years show?* *tanks
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Re: When is the Daytona/Fiero show this year?

Dale:

The show is March 18-19-20, 2005

1999-2004 Daytona Beach Racing & Recreational Facilities District, All Rights Reserved
    for information call: (386) 255-7355

http://www.daytonabeachcarshows.com/springdex.html

Will you be going to the show?

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

General Admission, Parking & Directions Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admission: $5 Friday - $10 Saturday & Sunday
    Children Age 11 and Under are Admitted Free with an adult
    Parking is Free
    Parking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parking for the General Public is in three main parking areas on Speedway Property as follows:

Handicap parking areas are provided adjacent to all spectator entrances
    Main Front Grandstand Lot along US92 accessed through Gates 25 or 27
    East Lot at the corner of US92 and Midway Avenue accessed via Midway
    West Lot accessed through Gate 40 on Williamson Boulevard
    Free Parking for the General Public is also available off site East of Midway Avenue along Richard Petty Boulevard.
    Show Car Parking on the Speedway Infield can be accessed at the back of the track off Midway Avenue through either Gate 70 or Gate 50 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Participants in the Swap Meet, Car (Sale) Corral and Crafts Areas enter the Speedway through Gate 40 off Williamson Boulevard at the West End of the Speedway.

Directions

Daytona International Speedway is located on US92 (1801 W. International Speedway Blvd.) in Daytona Beach, Florida, immediately adjacent to Daytona Beach International Airport.

Persons traveling eastbound on I-4 can directly access eastbound US92 via Exit 57 or indirectly via I-95 North to Exit 261 or via the SR400 Exit to left on Williamson Boulevard then right on US92.
    Persons traveling north on I-95 take Exit 261 to go eastbound on US92
    Persons traveling south on I-95 take Exit 261A to go eastbound on US92

Car Clubs*

Special Car Club Shows within the
    16th Annual Spring Daytona Beach Car Show & Swap Meet
    AMC Show Within Show: Florida's AMC clubs (Suncoast, First Coast, and Group 19) are having a "Show within the Show" Saturday, March 19* with People's Choice judging. All AMC, Rambler, Jeep, Nash, and Hudson are invited.
    Kellie Corollo* 727-582-9073 or group19amcclub@aol.com

FLORIDA FIERO/FIERO REBODIES WEEKEND Show Within Show
    Florida Fiero Council Info:* (407) 631-3140 or Dragon@SpaceCoastFieros.com
    Featuring builders from The Kit Car Forum kitcar.ca
    Mr. Mikes Fiero and PT Cruiser Interiors, Mr. Mike will be present
    Air Dynamics Kits, by John Watson
    V8 Archie, Archie will be displaying his new GT 40 Kit and V8 engine conversions

SUNSHINE STATE COUGAR CLUB Show Within Show
    Info: (407) 856-6361 or beeper1@aol.com

FLORIDA PT CRUISER CLUB
    Info: (954) 714-9377 Richard Rodriguez
    www.floridaptcruiserclub.com
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    NATIONAL MONTE CARLO OWNERS ASSOCIATION, hosted by the* Central Florida Chapter of the National Monte Carlo Owners Assoc.* * *
    Information on Monte Carlo Show with in a Show:* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Angel Conlon* * 407-578-0098* *prconlon@bellsouth.net* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Robert Langley* 407-299-1644
    "94-96" Impala SS Show Within A Show Saturday, March 19th hosted by the Greater Orlando Florida Area Super Sport Team, "GoFASST", "91-96" Caprice, 9C1's and similar B-bodies welcome.
    For info call Roger McKay at 321-676-9955 or rpm@cfl.rr.com

Event History

The Daytona Beach Racing District staged its first Spring Daytona Beach Car Show and Swap Meet in 1990 with over 800 cars. From 1990 through 1999 this event was known as the Speedway Spectacular.

This event has grown to become second only to the Thanksgiving weekend Turkey Run, which is also held at Daytona International Speedway. In 2001 there were over 3,000 collector cars and trucks on display and for sale at the Spring Daytona Beach Car Show and Swap Meet.

This event attracts a large variety of show cars and trucks each year, ranging from classic cars to hot rods.* Show entries receive a free 5x7 wooden base with a dash plaque and a color photo of their vehicle taken at the show.

Daytona Beach Racing & Recreational Facilities District is a public special district established in the mid-1950s. It has played a major role in the creation of Daytona International Speedway and leases the Speedway site to the International Speedway Corporation. The District contributes funds from the Spring event* including the gate, the vending, and the car show.* The District also contributes funds from the Turkey Run where its revenue comes from the gate and the vending.* Car show registration fees go to the Daytona Beach Street Rods. District funds help finance recreational projects in the greater Daytona Beach area.

The event is made up of an automotive swap meet with a wide variety of both new and used parts, a car corral where individuals and dealers sell vehicles, and a craft area with homemade crafts displayed for sale. There also will be a wide variety of food concessions.

A third day, Friday, was added in 1999. This is a preview day for the public to be admitted for $5 to see the swap meet and the car show. Admission Saturday and Sunday is $10 per day. Children under 11 years old, with an adult, are free. Parking is free. Show vehicles will be admitted for $30 at the gate or by presenting proof of pre-registration.

R/C Car Racing (reduced scale radio controlled vehicles) , will be held all three days on Pit Road east of the Gate 7 Crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels
    Dale:

The show is March 18-19-20, 2005

1999-2004 Daytona Beach Racing & Recreational Facilities District, All Rights Reserved
    for information call: (386) 255-7355

http://www.daytonabeachcarshows.com/springdex.html

Will you be going to the show?

Yes.* Dave I plan to take it in while on my trip south. I will of course be picking up my glass from you either before or immediatly after the show.* Will be in contact later on that.
    Thanks for the bags full of Daytona info.* *

Dale

Dale:

I have your windshield resting quietly in my office ready to go. It is best transported on the edge standing between the seats of your car in an upright position. Do you need the size to make sure it will fit in your car?

Are you picking it up prior to Daytona or after. I plan to be in the show with FunnyWheels III. So the day before or the day after will be best for me.

Dave

Dave. Right now if I had to give you a exact date I would probably say I'll pick it up AFTER the show. However, I will stay in touch because I plan to get to Fl. long before the show so we'll see. Hope that suits.
    On another matter could you look inthe Mall section of this forum under a posting by hnthomps named 'For Sale'. You had spoke about posting pictures and I had asked a question. I had read both your and AutoMX instructions on posting pics but alas, still having problems. I always get a message back: pics to large! Any tricks? Thanks Dale