Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is currently doing an AD kit or have one completed?

Who is currently doing an AD kit or have one completed?

I would like to see how many people on this board who are working on an AD kit or already have one completed. I'm getting mine back from the Engine Tech in the morning and we are going to start installing the body. We have already stretched the frame, installed a 3.4 DOHC that we took out of an 97 Monte Carlo with 58K miles on it. I would just like to see a list of people that are doing this kit, how far along you are with your project and how it is going for you. Good luck to all and hope to see ya at the BBQ this summer.

355coupe

Re: Who is currently doing an AD kit or have one completed?

I'm building one. I also have a 3.4 DOHC from a 97 Monte.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Im building an AD 355 but John is not done making my kit yet, should be done in the next couple of weeks. But i have been buying everything else i need to finish my project (i.e. lots of over priced OEM stuff* :-\)

This is my AD spider kit that I put on a GT coupe after I took it out for a spin today. I do not know if it counts or not I have been modifying it as I go to my liking. I'm looking at the rear roof next I want to modify it to make the back look longer. The car looks like a front engine car to have or me I been looking at this thing for to long?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I know it needs to be lowered I plan on doing that when I turn it from an Auto to a five speed after I finish the paint and body I have learned my lesson. Get it on the road ASAP and then one thing at a time this way the car does not sit for 2 or three years.

I thought you had the spider version and was selling it???

Quote Originally Posted by dcox
    I thought you had the spider version and was selling it???
    I tried to sell but no takers, so I made use of the kit the best way I could. I even tried to sell the V8 donor car but again no takers so I cut it up. I guess I'm not a good sales person. Same thing with the AD dash molds I guess I will burn them one day when I get around to it since no one wants to give me what I paid for them.

I have so little to get mine on the road but no money or time to put into it right now. I'm actually considering selling it, if I get the right price of course, otherwise I'll finish her in time.

Good to hear from everyone who is currently working on a AD Kit, I have been buying pieces one at a time and when I could afford them. My engine guy took way to long in getting my engine in and it it partly in not everything is hooked up yet in it. But I needed to get it back so I could start on the body and he can come and finish the engine work at my shop while I'm working on the body. Good luck to everyone on getting your cars finished.

355coupe

I am building an AD replica as well.*This is my 3rd 355 kit. The first two were Mirage and a Mirage combo with OEM Ferrari. I am just about to get the AD on the road.* I have used a lot of OEM Ferrari parts with a Buick 3800 engine, 5 speed. My car is made from OEM copies of parts. Bondo Bob is going to paint the hood and windshield surround this week.* Then reassembly of all of the goodies will begin, then have a professional drop in the extended windshield and take her for a spin.* I will still need the soft top and framing but that will not slow me down once the car is drivable. I am looking forward to Daytona and the Air Dynamics BBQ.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.