Thread: What have you seen people do?????

Hybrid View

What have you seen people do?????

Just a random question. What is some of the crazy things you have seen people do looking at your car? I'll share a few of mine. Usually occur at car shows and car related events.

*(NAME CALLERS) *My replica is a 1986 Lamborghini Countach 5000S. But to some, it is a Porsche, Ferrari, Diablo and even a BATMOBILE to children. Sometimes I am reminded "It looks like a Spaceship!" Yes, I know people.....trust me, it flies!

*(MONKEYS) Basically, children fall into this category. I was at a wedding once and had a MONKEY proceeded to grab the Fin and step onto the exhaust tip for support. The MONKEY started to climb it's way up higher when a gave out a BLOODY MURDER YELL!!!! The MONKEY's dad (BABOON), tolk the MONKEY, "he he he.... don't climb on peoples Lamborghini's son....he he he..." The MONKEY would have been badly injured under the fist of -FROG-!!!!!!!!

*(FEELERS) These kind walk by looking and sorta keep a distance but sneek in and "Cop a Feel". Thus leaving fingerprints all over my newly waxed car. Is it a kitty cat? a doggy? a womans breasts? NO!!!!! It's a car! but this way, they can say...."I have actually touched a Lamborghini"....(and got it dirty).

*(FRIGGIN IDIOTS) These people actually try to open the doors! O.K. people, it's not really a $100,000.00 car but I guarantee they don't know that and do not have enough decipline NOT TO TOUCH! A few have actually opened the door and my alarm goes off! FRIGGIN IDIOTS!

*(STUPID INTRUDERS) I have had people get in my car!!!!! Yes, actually sit inside the car without permission! WHAT IS GOING THROUGH THESE PEOPLES HEAD?????? Remember, they think this is a $100,000.00 car! So they decide to just go on and take a seat like they own it? Can they afford it? NO! They are assuming it costs more than their house!

*(INSPECTOR GADGET) There's always the ol' daytime inspector....... Looking in every nook and cranny for something. I still havn't figured out what they are looking for, but they sure seem determined to find it. They check the air vents, wheels, interior, etc... like it's a creature on Discovery channel and they are the rocadile hunter!

*(CAT BURGELERS) *A night time INSPECTOR GADGET basically.... Most of them have their little "Blue LED Flashlight" and proceed to search every little nook and cranny as if the Blue illumination should reveal some kind of forien substance. They will walk around the car 2-3 times making sure the air vents and wheel wells are clear of dibree, I suppose?

*(CRAWLERS) *These guys don't care who is looking or how dumb they look in the general public. A CRAWLER will proceed to crawl his way under the car......oh say, about 1/2 inch.... and inspect the undercarriage of the vehicle. I gues to let me know if I neet to scrape off any roadkill. Usually CRAWLERS attack from the sides of the car but I have seen a few use tactics at the front and rear as well.

*(GROUPIES) *Gotta love em! Usually they become the friend you never knew you had! Sometimes get a little annoying but give you something to do for abour 3 HOURS!!!! DUDE!!! Don't you have somewhere to be? Or something to do? PLEASE....... just go away!

And last but not leist.... the ever so famous!

(REAL GENIOUS) Do not attempt to even try to talk to this guy. He knows all about Lamborghini's and can tell you what is "Fake" about yours. I have measured mine and it is "TO SPEC" of a real Countach accept the rear wheelbase is about 1/2" wider, but He will prove me wrong every time. This is when it is best to retreat and let the REAL GENIOUS fill his peon brain with visual intellect. Play dumb and forget how to speak the english language. They will usually disappear after a while.

Re: What have you seen people do?????

Ummmm.... If you don't want people to look at it, touch it, or ask questions about it, maybe this would be a good time to stop taking it to shows? * ;D *I know what you mean, though. *My Dad and I actually build an aluminum Midget Mustang (stunt airplane). *We took it to 2 air shows, and gave up on the human race in general after that. *We had people walk-up, and drop their 4 year-old in the pilot's seat, with ice cream smeared all over it, one guy actually climed right up on the wing. *When ask what the F*CK! he thought he was doing and how long he expected to continue breathing if he persisted, his answer was that he wanted a better view of the skydivers.

I don't know, maybe I'm just prickly or something, but I get really upset when people start poking around under the hood, or body. *Too many years racing, and trying to keep what ever edge you have makes you that way. *W.E.R.A. has an "Open Pit" policy, meaning that all you have to do is pay the extra $15 or $20 and you can have full pit access. *Now, 99% of the time, this is great. *Most people just kinda take a look around, and a BUNCH of pictures, but there are ALWAYS those jackass that, had they been any dumber, they would just forget to breath. *In the 7 years I've been running W.E.R.A., without fail, EVERY year we have had someone CLIMB THE PIT WALL! and, either put their kid on the back of, or throw a leg over the back of one of our race bikes... *This is not a large race team. *We cannot watch everything at once, especially when there are 4 riders, and 4 crewmen (who happen to be the afore mentioned riders) and we ALL have to be in the Riders Meeting. *Once, we actually came back to one of our bikes laying on it's side up against the pit wall.

Some people are just jackas*es and their isn't much you can do about it.

Walk softly, and carry a big stick...
    Major

Oh! I just had to join in.... At my 1st show with the Koenig. I'm chatting to a person , look over to see some egghead trying to pick a chip out of my paint. By the time I got back, he'd vanished.... There's 5% in every crowd! Gawd!
    Last year, at a good size show, this 35yr babe and her husband/boyfriend are all over the car. I'm with a # of participants over off to the side. I look over to see this babe using her 'inch' long nails picking away at the rubber molding around the window... I yell out "excuse me"! She keeps on... again "EXCUSE ME"!... they look up...I say grimacing, hands waving, "PAWS OFF!!!". He catches on, yells back over..."She doesn't have PAWS, but point taken!"
    Now I can understand kids/teens.... but ADULTS! Oh and look out for the 'cattle rustler' with a belt buckle the size of your license plate... just wanting to get a 'good'ol look inside!'
    Sandy

'High-G'... I used to race Yamaha TZ750/250's. Back in the late 70's, my bike is being showcased for my Sponsor at the 'Salon de la Moto' in Montreal. Some ass hops up on the bike and proceeds to tell everyone at the show who will listen how fast 'he' goes! Quite funny except that this is MY BIKE, and this guy's 'drunk'. Needless to say the 'drunk' was launched from his seat, then the show! One of those 'had to be there' scenes!
    Sandy

-FROG-
    -I just laughed reading through the examples! Great Stuff!
    'Inspector Gadget'....HEHEH!!

Sandy

Ummmm...TZ750 *drool*

Scarry, yet at the same time... Too bad they don't let them race real bikes like those, anymore.

Major

I imagine that I'd keep an extremely CLOSE eye on my car if I had it at a car show. There are always the people that think that if your car is at the show, then they should be able to inspect it inside and out, with their eyes and hands. Maybe a low velocity pellet gun would be a good idea. Anyone touches the car, they get popped one. Much respect to you guys and the work you put into your cars, though.

I think the "inspectors" and "crawlers" are trying to tell if its real or not.

I dont have a replica and my Fiero isnt in the best of shape but i salso hate "monkeys" and "feelers >

hehe...that's good stuff!!

I don't own a car yet (don't need one....I borrow my moms' or dads' car any time). But when my friends parents were on vacation, we cruised (and raced) his dads BMW 525 a LOT!! We needed to pick up something a my place, my parents were gone, so I took whatever I needed and left. When I got home later that day, the neighbours had called telling my parents they'd seen me drive a luxoury/sportscar

Back when I still had mopeds I had two big offroad mopeds. Those little automatic things are very popular here, so everyone thought I was driving a crossmotor (offroad motor)
    A teacher from my school called my parents to tell them I went to school on a motor >
    Also the name callers were all over it