Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Countach side view mirrors- Help

Countach side view mirrors- Help

I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for how to fix my low visibility issues with my sideview mirrors...I currently have mirrors installed that dont provide nearly enough view do to the width of the car. I was hoping to install a camera and monitor to help out with this problem but have been advised that it wont help all that much in terms of lane changing....just seeing behind you. I tried using those blind spot stick on mirrors you buy in a Pep Boys type of auto parts store but they are little help. I then removed small panoramic mirrors from baby mirrors used to watch your child in the back seat and adhesived them into the middle of my existing normal side mirrors...but they dont cover the entire mirror only the middle and it is a little confusing when u look at them. I was hoping somebody else had an idea without me replacing the side mirrors altogether with larger ones that allow more field of vision...

any thoughts?

Ill try and post pics later when i get home from work...

kitcarnut

Re: Countach side view mirrors- Help

I don't want to be a smart ass , but I don't get it. why there's so many Lambo -Replica drivers and they can't drive, see and back up . why they need the whole CNN crew on board to guide the driver.

maybe you should get* the right mirrors. maybe they are not instaled on proper place .
    original Vitaloni Turbo the glass is 6X 3.5
    the Baby turbo look alike are 5.1/4 X 2.7/8

I do have a small convex stick ons in right lower side.*

Yeh well I don't want to be a smart a.. either but maybe you can tell us where to find the Turbo Mirrors! I've been looking for a year.

kitcarnut

Forget it in US , Pantera Euro model share the same mirrors and Fiat 850 spider. if they do pop up on E bay they are about $500 US. each.
    In Canada they are $1100 Can a piece= $ apr.800USD.
    do your search you can find it.
    try E bay.de have some German to translate. I saw once like a pair for 20 Euros. but would not sent over the pond :'(

kitcarnut

try this http://www.vickauto.com/ but ask if they are Euro Vitaloni* * *Happy???

http://www.panteraplace.com/ICD/2003...2003%20200.JPG

Just in response...

we dont need the cnn crew...the car happens to be very wide if done correctly and i do have mirrors that resemble the vitolini....and i dont have nearly enough viewing area to see the passing lane in addition to the rear of the car...

here are my mirrors...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

For a non CNN news flash,Welcome to the world of the countach. If you drove or worked on real ones than you would know that you can't see anywhere but forward clearly. They all suck to see out of and backing up in tight spots is best done by hanging out the door twisted like gumby. That said, It is still a great looking car. My 25th is getting a rear view camera for those reasons.

Hi Red328,

Here is a nice set on e-bay : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33649

These are the "flag " stlye Vitalonis that were used on some early model Countachs. I have the same ones( electric ) on my C/T Replica. As far as visibility is concerned, like the real car the mirrors are almost useless...but these one have a bigger mirror footprint so might improve your visiability over the ones you now have...

Cheers,

Nick C.

Thanks Nic...

but these seem to be similar to the ones that I have on the car now...to be honest with u...i dont think any mirrors will work other than some off an 18 wheel tractor trailer...i mean this car is really hard to gain a good view with...