Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: does anyone know if there is a fake ferari engine

does anyone know if there is a fake ferari engine

I know there is a fake lamborghini engine, but what about something for a ferrari 355 something that would help the appearance of the engine thanks

Re: DOESANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A FAKE FERRARI ENGINE

I think you are referring to an engine plate or cover but as of yet there is no such thing. If you use the search key there was a discussion about this probably about 2 months ago. But now real answers or anything came of it.

I wouldnt put an engine cover on my car because i would have nothing to lose and plus i would have the horsepower to rip a Corvette Z06 a new one lol. Let some idiot tell me "its just a fiero" i would blow the doors off his ride!.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=4464.0

This is the thread from about a month ago when this discussion came up. I have pics of my OEM 355 engine in there. I have started making forms and filled in the gaps with modeling clay on those parts in preparation to make molds. It is very complex and expensive so I dont see myself getting them done anytime soon. It is just something I have been doing in my spare time.

Even if I do get these done soon, I still have over $4500 in ferrari engine pieces and at least a few thousand to get setup to make some molds and pieces. Even John Watson said he would not take on this project if I gave him the pieces for free. I would have to sell at least a dozen of them for about $850-$1000 just to justify the costs involved. I dont think there are that many people interested in a replica 355 engine cover, and if there is, I dont think they would pay all that much for it.

Then again, the lambo covers go for about $2000 complete with air boxes and this topic does seem to repeat itself every couple of months or so. Let me know if I am wrong and there are a bunch of potential buyers.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=3887.0

This is another thread on the topic.

http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=4637.0

the question was asked again here too.

I took red vinal lettering from the office supply store and applied it to the smooth top of the intake manifold (Ferrari).Most people don't know that it's a stock Fiero motor and no it wont burn or melt off.Powder coating engine parts is another good idea,it's more durable than paint and comes in maney colors.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=3896.0

This thread shows pics of how the ferrari induction system was mated to my ford V8 and GM tranny to be fully functional.

http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=3353.0

This thread has the original engine replica cover proposal. This is the last link on this topic. I guess I just got carried away with the search button ;D. Just trying to put all of the threads with the same topic together.

superstang460 if you do make it I will buy on for sure. I think at $1000 it is still a good deal. Let me know if you do plan on making one.

I assembled and sealed all of the OEM pieces in order to make a mold of a one-piece fiberglass cover. I can post pics later as I am not at my home today. Please let me know if there are any potential buyers out there. Kermit, thanks for the input and vote of confidence. I may actually see this through soon. I have been kicking it around for over a year but now I might actually do since there is nothing like it offered now. Thanks again for the input.

Bob

Here are some pics of the intake plennums and centershield assembled as one easier piece and the twin airbox setup. All of the gaps and seams are filled with modelling clay in preparation to be casted for molds. I plan on making molds of the entire ducting system that attaches the airboxes to the plennums for a truly complete engine bay.

Attached Images Attached Images