Thread: IFG diablo help

IFG diablo help

i know there is a coulpe of people buliding a diablo and one that had molds, my friend is buliding a IFG diablo and needs some help she needs info on some diagrams or pictures or methods that people used for support under the kit, around the front area and rear. also raidator mounts. and Im also looking for 300zx headlights and acc for the inner doors. any help would be great thanks alot..

Re: IFG diablo help

A lot of support comes from the front and rear inner bumpers (steel and plastic).I took a good look at the inside of the front and rear fiber glass body to get an ida of what I needed at the scrap steel yard.After buying the steel,I measured the inside of the front and rear inner bumpers and cut the steel to the proper length.I then tilted the front fiber glass body up,I then placed the pieces of steel inside and tack welded them.After the nose has been installed for Fitting,if you make a mistake the tack welds can be ground off (with an angle grinder)and rewelded.The steel can then be removed from the body and firmly welded.Always have a garden hose or fire extinguisher handy when welding.The same is done for the rear.Lambo Lounge might be able to answer any more technical question (or hear).Thats what I did for my Testarassa kit,a simular procedure.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Check out this site and also go to the photo diaries.

www.kitcentral.com/pn/html/index.php

For the headlights I welded some bolts to a sheet of metal and fiberglassed it to the car then made brackets out of 1" sq. tubing to bolt the headlights. As for the rear I fiberglassed the housing to the rear. I will get pics of how the radiator was connected tomorrow.

hey Pit my friend lives right by IFG so im sure she is close to you you think maybe she could stop by? jen is building a 6.0 right.. my friend is bulding a roadster but im sure its the same bulid up ? it would be better if she could stop by.. and see for herself.. let me know thanks.....robert..