Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A real Mera is not for sale on ebay

A real Mera is not for sale on ebay

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048790.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4521842247

About a month or so ago he had it for sale on this site:

He used the Mera word in his description. I brought up the fact that this is a kit car and not a Mera. A long discussion on the use of the Mera word followed and he insisted he did not try to use the Mera word to make people think this was a real Mera. A few here posted that I was just trying to start trouble. I only want to protect the original Mera's and not allow kit car owners to pass off kit cars as real Mera's. Now I look at the ebay ad and it uses the Mera word and they make it sound like this is a true Mera. How terribly sad. Harold should be ashamed of himself.

I realize he does not own this car and someone else is selling it. But I have to think this new owner received all this information from Harold.

Sorry
    Rodney Dickman
    Mera Registry

Re: A real Mera is not for sale on ebay

Give it a rest, Harold is a good guy and never claimed his car was a Mera. The more you bash him the more people are going to get a bad opinion of you. He is not responsible for what the new owner says in his add.

And who told this new owner all these Mera references? If Harold did not I will not say anything bad against Harold.

Rare Mera Body? This body did not come off a real Mera. This is a kit car.

Rodney,
    Call me stupid, but, what is a Mera? I have heard that term being thrown around but I never actually knew what it is. Is it a specific 308, 328, fiero or kitcar company? You may think this is a stupid question, but if you dont ask, you dont know. I would just like to be informed. Thanks.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Yes the Mera is a kit car that was sold by Pontiac. I believe Ferrari stepped in and stopped Pontiac most of the 308 kits were splashed of a Mera. The difference is you bought a new turnkey but they are still a kit car and always will be, the cars that I have seen sell go for the same price as other 308 kit cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 1988Mera
    And who told this new owner all these Mera references? If Harold did not I will not say anything bad against Harold.

Rare Mera Body? This body did not come off a real Mera. This is a kit car.
    And what the heck is a MERA?* It is a Fiberglass body clone of the Ferrari 308 strapped on a Fiero chassis by GM dealerships. Gee sounds like a kit car to me..

Yes, it's my opinion that the MERA is a Fiero rebody, or in our words a kitcar.* This was a turnkey option for a new fiero purchase offered by cars and concepts, just like the T-top option in 88.* Back in the day, its was kinda common place.* For instance, there was a company called Zimmer that took the Fiero as well as other kinds of new GM cars and radically changed the look.* For instance Zimmer took a Fiero and made a Zimmer Quicksilver.* Google it to find out more. Zimmer also converted other makes and models, not just the Fiero.* When it boilded down to it, the VIN was what it was when it left GM.* These cars are more like a custom creation by a professional shop, not a manufacturing factory.

The MERA by cars and concepts, as well as the Quicksilver by Zimmer are very rare today.* I think Rodney's intentions are well, trying to distinguish between what is and what was.

I think when it boils down to it, the MERA is a kit car.* Heck you could even say it's a replica.* We know that the MERA is nothing more than a Ferrari 308 rebody on a Fiero, dreamed up by cars and concepts.* *

Now, what is so different between the MERA and the AIR-DYNAMICS..* Both inspired by Ferrari cars.* Both built on Fiero chassis.* Both built with high quaility.* Oh, the only difference is that Fiero is no longer manufactured hince the AIR-DYNAMICS isn't a factory option.

There is no more or less prestige when owning a MERA compared to any other custom Fiero.* If a MERA was so great, they would have changed up the drivetrain...

http://www.zimmermotorcars.com/quicksilver.html

Now I understand the situation and am not in the dark. Thanks for clearing that up for me guys.
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

This similar to taking a GTO and putting Judge stickers on it and saying it is a Judge. The only way to get a Judge was to buy one new from a GM dealer. The only way to get a Mera was to buy it new from GM. You can not take a GTO and turn it into a real Judge and you can not take a kit car and turn it into a real Mera. Same thing.

Rodney Dickman
    Mera Registry

I have built and owned a lot of GTOs a 66,67,68,70,72 and my last one was a well optioned 65 Lemans that I cloned to be a GTO and I sold it to a person in Houston and told them it was a clone and that clone sold for more money than any of my real GTOs. I have a friend that bought a GTO Judge Clone two years ago because he wanted a Judge he could drive and not worry about trashing a real one. Point is most people do not care they go by the way the car looks. The die hards that do care will know if it is a clone or not before they buy it. In my opinion this car will sell for more money than a Mera kit car because of the updates and believe me I have been for a ride in this car and it will pin you in the seat there is a video of it leaving my house, it sounds awesome no Mera kit car can compare. I'm sorry but this is the facts. I'm just wising I had the funds to buy it, would I buy a Mera never they do not appeal to me just a stock Fiero with a 308 kit car body that happened to come out when the Fiero was new as said before we have to use old Fieros now thanks to Pontiac.