Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Replica

Lamborghini Replica

Hi Im very new at this so bare with me. I have never done a kit car and I don't know how to. If I buy this kit from http://www.euroworksltd.com/MirageX/Stage2.htm which is $9000 how much will it cost me when its completed? I mean the total cost without the fiero. How many hours will it take to finish a complete kit?

Thank You

Re: Lamborghini Replica

Diablos are farily hard to build especialy for a begginer, personaly i would suggest taking my route considering ive never built a high tech kit car my self. Start of with euro works countach build, countach's are much more easier to build rather than the diablo. And also keep in mind, that X kit doesn't come with interior kit and diablos have very complicated interiors rather than countach's

HI
    Welcome to the forum, if you have never rebuild a car or have a lot of experiece working on cars I will strongly suggest that you do not start by building a Diablo ( which many people believe is the most difficult kit to put together ) .
    My estimate of how much -based on my 4 yrs working on my project- is about 20-25k at least and that is only on parts not including any labor which if you do not do yourself will add up really fast. *I would also suggest that you do some reseach here and *also check out *"lambolounge.com" , "lambobuilder.com" plus look at their links , after looking and reading all you can on those sites it would give you a better idea on what is involve in building one of this.
    As far as how much time, depending how hard you work on it and how much you know about cars and building things it would take an average person about 3 to 4 yrs working on it after work and on weekends.
    I hope this helps you out *

kitcarnut

forgetaboutit,buy turn key you'll save lot of time and money.any Lambo replica is some challenge .

No no I don't want to go nuts or anything and I don't want to buy a turnkey.. I just want the outside to look like a diablo and the inside look decent.. I don't even mind if the interior looks just like the fiero... I just want the outside to look like a diablo. I honestly don't think that would be more the 12000 USD without car. I will leave everything the same just the out side like the diablo... and maybe some interior... you might be wondering why. I don't have that much money.. so I'll just do the outside and work on it the more i get money.

I hate to pust your bubble. But if you plan on doing the diablo kit for about 12,000.00 USD and have only the outside looking good and not worry about the inside, hay then pass the stuff that you are smoking over here. I will give you a ball park figure. You buy the kit for 8,900.00 then you pay for shipping and if it is not a business then you will be charged an extra 100.00 to 200.00 for residental so say it will be 500.00 to ship. Now say you have a fiero you will need to do a 12in stretch. If you do the stretch your self then you will need to know how to draw lines on the frame when you cut it and alco when you attach it if not when you are driving into a turn your frame will snap regardless how strong the weld is. So if you do it your self a good welder is about 400.00.But if you pay some one because you don't fell safe doing it your self it will run you about 2,500.00. Now that the wheel base is set you need to reinforce the subframe because you have to cut the top of in order for the kit to go on top. If you do it yourself it will cost 50.00 on metirial, But you have to know how to level the car or else subframe will do more damage then good by making the center heavier and twisting the frame. If some one else does it then try another 2,000.00 tacked on your cost. Now your have the car ready to put the body. Say it is a direct bolt on that will save you alot (but it is not and it will cost about 2,000.00 to 5,000.00 to attach it) you still have to do the suspension and lower the car, say about 500.00. Then the replica rims 3,500.00. Now attaching the lights so they work. What about the fiberglass work on the details and the paint job (the paint job alone will cost you a minimum of 3,000.00 if you want it to last longer then a year if you don't so it your self). At this point if everything is done by you your at 15,000.00 if it is not done by you your at close to 20,000.00 and the diablo isn't even drivable yet. If you are going to do it and you don't have the money yet and don't have any past kit car or frame work or body and paint experience I would think long and hard on this project. GOOD LUCK.

Just to be clear. The Euroworks Mirage X is a non-stretch version of the Diablo. A nice looking car, but definitely lacks the long flowing lines of the original. The non-strectch will cut down considerably on the cost/complexity, but there is still some welding and reinforcing that needs to happen. I'm not sure, but I believe this kit requires cutting the top off the Fiero. I still think you'd be hard pressed to finish with only $12 to $13K. If you don't have to stretch the car, $20 to $25K is probably more realistic.

This is a email that I have sent Euroworks ltd and this is what they sent back

1. If I buy the Mirage X Stage II, will I need anything else other then the
    fiero, wheels, tires and steel?
    If you wish side windows they are a dealer item you can buy. appx 1500
    2. Will I have to strech the fiero?
    No
    3. How many hours does it take to complete the Mirage X stage II?
    Average customer will take about 2 years to build
    4. Is the Interior complete? What I mean in complete is, do the gauges the
    steering wheel and everything inside come with the kit?
    No just fiberglass
    5. Does the Mirage X stage II come with the video?
    Yes

I had the chance to see one of the Euroworks Mirage X bodies back in Feb. I wasn't too impressed with the fit of the body. The bottom of the passenger door had a 4 inch gap where it was suppose to meet up with the main body. I would definitely do some research before shelling out $$$. The person who bought the body I saw is the new owner of PISA Corp. in AZ (his name escapes right now).

Ive got to agree with the other guys on here.I havent even started with my project and I think from about a year or so of research that you would be well in the 20 to 25,000. dollar range.I got my car for free but I havent started to tear it down yet.I too want to do the diablo kit myself with no experience with kit building .IM going to go for it.It does look very hard but im up for it.I think I have what it takes.I think you need to check yourself .Do you think you have what it takes?welding skills,fiber glass,electrical,etc. if so then it shouldnt be too back at least thats what im going on.plus I have a 200 page book with very detailed pics ,and three videos .so they should help me a great deal.and im not sure where you live but try to see if you have any kit car shops near you .I live on the east coast and I live near this company www.kitcardreams.com they have another name but I cant think of it right now.Im going to pick up my kit myself so if you can do that you will save some money there.Well thats about it from me,the rest of the other guys covered all the other bases but if you think you have what it takes I say go for it!!!!!!!good luck