Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Post Pictures / Become a Patron

Re: Changes in image uploading permissions & How to become a Patron

Ari,
    Donation was sent, but I did not see the "additional information" box to put my user name in. Please let me know if it was recieved OK. Thanks for all of your efforts.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Bob - your image uploading capabilities have been set up - give them a try to make sure everything is A-OK

Ari

Works great, I already posted some pics in the AC controls topic. Thanks for taking care of this site for all of our benefit these last few years. Greatly appreciated.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Hi Ari,

I can't see how this is costing you anything, and maybe we can help. We consume over 1000 gb/ month, and all of our sites cost us a total of $99/month. This includes all of the revenue sites.

I am wondering about the hosting you are on? It might be like car insurance renewal time...time to shop around :>)

Cheers,

Ron
    Editor
    www.Replicar.ca
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/KitCar-Replicar

Cheers,<br /><br />Ron Davies<br />http://www.Replicar.ca<br />ron@replicar.ca

his hosting is nothing usually expensive, but the site has been up for years and costs add up. i would support donations even if the site was hosted for free, since it's voluntary. people can use imageshack or other image hosting services to post photos over 90kb if they want.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Ron - I don't believe I understand your question.
    Regardless if hosting is $1 per year or $1000 per year, that is still money which is no longer in my pocket.

Nevertheless, I still don't charge anything to use this site.

Users can read and respond to messages, as well as download images for free. Unlike most kitcar sites out there, I let both commercial entitys and individuals post their cars for sale in the buy/sell section for free.

As AutoMX noted you can also post as many images as you want for free on this site, as long as they are hosted on another site like imageshack.

Basically I go by the Google rule: "Don't be evil". Don't tease users with "free before date XXX" or "Buy 1 get 5 free". If you want to use the site, go ahead, use it as much as you want, free. If want to contribute something to help keep the site running, that's great, and here's some image uploading privledges for you in appreciation.

Oh, I host with OLM.net and I have been running kitcar.ca for about 4 years now.

Hi Ari,

Didn't mean to create a fuss. I agree,. I was wondering about what they were charging you and if I could help.

Please disregard.

Ron
    Cheers,<br /><br />Ron Davies<br />http://www.Replicar.ca<br />ron@replicar.ca

No worries Ron - We're on their e-developer package if I remember correctly, which is $27 / month.

re: How to Post Pictures / Become a Patron

Just found the site and thought I'd throw my pebble in the bucket. You should have a donation from bob-m(at)shaw.ca from me. I hope to get some info up on my build here shortly. In the meantime, anyone can check out my build site at http://www.rc-sub.com/lamborghini.html.

Thanks for the great resource! I'm still wading through the info!

Bob
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

re: How to Post Pictures / Become a Patron

Did'nt see the box to add my username but I just wanted to let you know I "kicked in" for my posting privledges!

Thanks

Brian

Kit4me
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.