Thread: New member

greetings,

I am new here and looking at the possibility of building a 355 on an MR-2. Has anyone had any success in with this conversion?

Re: New member

I have just notice dochurley!! what a great conversion!! I should have searched before I posted.

Doc, (??) do you own the spyder conversionon your site too?

if your in the uk , there are 4 company's
    1.fiero factory
    2.roy kelly
    3.bad
    4.extreme
    in that order in how near to the real 355, also how much do you want to spend? cheapest to most expensive
    1.roy kelly
    2.fiero factory
    3.bad
    4.extreme

I am actually in Burnaby, BC.

I have a cousin in the UK who can help me purchase the kit as soon as we are ready.
    My Father(65), my son (17) and I (40) are looking towards a project together and I thought this would be a good place to start. Also I am not a fan of the fiero as a platform due to the age of it. But don't get me wrong, I know some of you are pulling of amazing work on fiero platforms.

There are a few more elaborate kits out there (like diablos,and cobras) but I figured I would look at a 355 since my son likes it so much. Plus it is a relatively manageable project to see if we can all work together with out killing one another before it finishes. If we are lucky we may be able to target my sons graduation next year for completion.

As far as he knows it would be my car.... but if this works out well and he works at it hard enough... I think I could have a change of heart .......or not :

im just throwing this in as something to think about, but you could make a fiero and mr2 hybrid..
    the fiero isnt bad in the sense of what it provides in accessories, and the chassis is just so simple to work with when compared to a unibody mr2.
    given that you could find an mr2 drivetrain (mk2) youmight be able to fit it into a fiero, and do a custom suspension setup while you're at it. the money you save from shipping within UK+over atlantic+over the continent could go into the drivetrain and suspension.

the reason why i say this is because most *good* mr2's are $4k to $7k USD still, and the $2k ones are at 140k miles
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I have actually wondered if anyone has ever thought of fitting the OEM version of THe AD355 to an MR2?

I cant see why it couldn't be done, plus i think the overall look would be real nice if done properly.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

this is how the fiero factory got there kits on a mr2, it was originally done for a fiero non stretched(355 kit) and a customer didn't like the lhd fiero but had a mr2, he asked if they will fit ther fiero kit to his mr2 and it worked out with minor adjustments, i think even some of the mounting points matched aswell.so i think you could put on an ad kit to a mr2 with a bit of adjustment

You want to look at the Extreme kit see www.mirrorfinishuk.net and I dont here anything bad about them