Thread: Spyder's wheel spacers?

Spyder's wheel spacers?

Hi
    Spyder -or anyone who knows- where did you get your wheel spacers/adapters ? and if you dont mind me asking what was the price. also can they make them any size you need for example 1.75'' as opposed to 2.0'' , thank you in advance. *

Re: Spyder's wheel spacers?

http://www.wheelspacers.com/
    The old guy Fred is an old dragster guy, a character to talk to, he can make them any way you need.
    I told him what I wanted to do and he gave me advice on the best way to go.
    The wheels that I bought could come in so many different configurations. So I was talking back and forth to JDWheels.com and Fred.
    The price was extremely reasonable, canít remember off hand, Iíll check.
    Do you have your wheels yet?

Spider
    Thank you for the info
    Yes, I already have the wheels ,Compomotive lambo replica for the 25th aniversary Countach I think the rears are 15x12 but I am not sure, they have 345-35-15 tires on them. I thought they were supposed to fill the wheel well but after taking the body off and centering body the wheels looked "tucked-in". How did you measure your car to determine what size of spacers you needed ? I was going to do it by measuring the space from the outer part on the tire to where I want them to sit but since you allready did yours maybe you could give me some pointers
    Thank you for your help

kitcarnut

on 25th the tires should be right beside the 1/4 lip check this out there are many 25th pics of rear bumpers and 1/4 panels and tires.

http://www.lambocars.com/countach/25thi5.htm BTW what is your rear rims back space? yo the man Fred ,he can make any size spacers whith 12mmX1.5 studs around $65 US. a piece

Kitcarnut
    Thank you for the link, I have spend a lot of time on that website . About the wheels back space,I do not know the size but I will measure them to find out what size of spacer I need.

You know, I can see why people don't own the real version of these cars. *How tramendously overpriced can a car manufacturer get? *Let's see here...

4 wheel disc brakes, I have that on my Miata.
    V12, DOHC, 48 valves, yay, blah.
    455bhp. *Okay, my brother's Mustang beats that by almost 100 horsepower.
    2 radiators, 2 electric fans. *Seems excessive, I have one radiator and 2 electric fans in my car. *
    Electronic rev limiter, okay, we're starting to get petty.
    Top speed: 183 mph. *Yeah, that's fast, but not *that* fast. *Certainly not enough to warrant the cost.
    And the car's built on a round steel tubular frame? *Aren't most $10,000 dune buggy/sand rails built with the same type of frame/chassis?

Granted, these $150,000 cars are built with the finest materials and craftsmanship, but considering that the only thing truly impressive (to me, at least) is their looks, I think I'll always favor the idea of the kitcar, since you get the best of both worlds: Cost vs. performance & craftsmanship

The easiest is to do like you thought and measure it out to where you want them.
    You might want to do what I did just to make sure it looks like you want.
    Here is what I decided to do:
    Since my wheels wouldnít bolt up to the stock hubs I had to block up the A arms (near the ball joints) so they will be at the right ride height. (if not it can make a big difference in the measurement.) I then placed the wheels where I wanted them. Then measured to several points from the wheel spokes through the wheel to the rotors. Once the measurements on that one wheel were all equal and I liked the distance, I went with that measurement.
    Remember to take some pics and post them. ;D

Spider
    thank you for the tip about taking pics I will after I mount the body permanently, hopefully I will be able to mount it withing 2 to 3 weeks then I will be able to find out exactly what size of spacers I need.
    Right now I am in the process of getting the master cylinder reservoir adapter to relocate the reservoir because it's hitting the top of the body > , some times it seams like I am done w/ one thing and another thing comes up.