Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's everyone using for Ferrari Wheels?

What's everyone using for Ferrari Wheels?

I know that Spider is using ROH wheels (17x9 rear, 17x7 front) and I absolutely love them. I am leaning towards the Held widetrack suspension to avoid the "potential" spacer issue. I am wondering what size wheels and tires the rest of you guys are planning on putting on your cars.

I have looked at a few potential wheels:

TSW Trophy (17x7 front, 17x8 rear)
    http://www.salesco.com/wheels/tsw/ts...tom_wheels.htm

TSW Mirage (17x8 front and rear)
    http://www.salesco.com/wheels/tsw/ts...tom_wheels.htm

Alessio Indy (17x7.5 front and rear)
    http://www.salesco.com/wheels/alessi...stom_wheel.htm

The Mirage looks most like the F-50 wheels, but I am not sure it comes in a 5x100 bolt pattern. My next choise is the Indy but I would like bigger than 7.5 inch rims on the back.

How big a tire would you put on an 7.5 or 8 inch wheel on the rear? How about on a 7 or 7.5 inch on the front?

Re: What's everyone using for Ferrari Wheels?

Compmotive.

What to use for Ferrari Wheels? Why, Ferrari wheels, of course

I have another set, if anyone's interested

DKOV -

How much? If you can call me my number is 323-707-2770. I am looking for a set.

What to use for Ferrari Wheels? *Why, Ferrari wheels, of course ...

DKOV -
    What do you need to fit these on a Fiero? Are the bolt patterns the same?
    Tim

Fitting them on a Fiero happens in one of two ways... a Cheap/bad way and a more costly/good way

The Ferrari wheels are a 5 x 108 while the Fiero wheels are 5 x 100. The bolt patterns are, unfortunately, different.

The normal adaption process involves the use of wheel spacer/adapters. This is relatively inexpensive, quick and easy. Bolt the adapter/spacer onto the stock studs over the brake rotor, then bolt the wheel to the adapter/spacer.

Two downsides to the Adapter/spacer... one is the brake rotor is now WAY back in the wheel. Like 4 inches to deep! The second, and much more serious, is that pushing the wheel out on a spacer puts SERIOUS stress on the wheel bearings and they WILL fail. Even with light, conservative driving, the bearings will suffer and fail very early.

If you go this route, don't be to hard on the car and check the bearings MONTHLY. Expect to change them a few times a year or more depending on how hard you are on the car. Luckily, rear bearings are easy to come by, but spendy. Fronts are a different story... hard to come by and very spendy.

As I said, this is the quickest and easiest fix for both the width you will need with a 355 kit and the new bolt pattern.

The "other" way, the best, strongest and longest lasting way, involves custom 5 x 108 hubs and a wide track suspension conversion.

Doing it this way provides the proper track width (which is actually 8 inches, not 4-6 inches like stretch kits give you), maintains the correct suspension geometry and keeps the bearing stress completely even. LONG life at HARD performance levels!!!

Most of you know, I went route #2 on my 88. The wide track, front and rear, with Koni Coil-overs and 300# Eibach springs, custom tubular adjustable racing upper and lower a-arms, custom 1.5 inch drop spindles that, get this, integrate 88 REAR HUB BEARINGS for the front hub assembly. All four of the used 88 rear hubs went to a "special place" and were modified to a 5 x 108 bolt pattern. Now the F355 wheels just bolt right up and stand in the right place in the wheel well.

Best of all, I get to drive the snot out of it!!!

I'm working on pics now, and will update my site soon with all the new suspension parts, but alot of them can be seen up there already.

If your interested, I can duplicate my setup and source these parts for any of you.

Expect to pay around $4000 for the wide track tubular conversion and new axles. Another $1200 for the modfied front drop spindles with 5 x 108 pattern. Oh, and the $3500 minumum for the F355 wheels

Best,

DKOV -

Unfortunately, I don't particularly care for the Compomotive wheels or their price. I figure I can get some decent looking wheels for around $1000 and the wide track with coil overs for another $2700. I wanted to stay with the stock bolt pattern for replacement parts. The wide track makes sense because you can get the front and rear coil overs for height adjustment in the package.

What are others using for wheels and tires?

In leiu of the authentic 355 rims, I highly recommend the Koenig Reign rims.

The upshot is they look great...

and they are pretty cheap.

Downshot is they come with a 7.5 inch max width in 17 inches and 8.5 in 18 inches.

Still, pretty convincing. If I didn't have the Componetives, I'd go with these.

Incidentally, these ARE the wheels I had on my car until I bought my 355 rims. Ari almost bought them from me but in the end, I sold them to my buddy Wade, who put them on his Fiero.

Here they were on my car before I sold them...

They come ready for the Fiero with 5x100 bolt and proper offset.

Killer deal and killer looks!

DKOV -

I agree with DKOV the Koing ' Reign ' would be your best bet if you want the Ferrari rim style.
    www.xvelocity.com

For my 512 TR I'm using Kosei Seneca S5R 17x9