Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, anybody ever deal with ASPP?, Phoenix

mikeo

Ok, anybody ever deal with ASPP?, Phoenix

man, you guys are great detectives. How's about any good or bad feedback on these guys out of the Phoenix area. They market a Fiero based GT40 kit..

Re: Ok, anybody ever deal with ASPP?, Phoenix

I've never heard of any good/bad remarks about the company but I have seen a completed GT40 kit and looks pretty good. The only think that I don't like is the look of the GT40 shrunk down to fit the Fiero frame. It sits too high and looks a little squatty, otherwise the looks and lines are beautiful!

mikeo

I thought the same thing when he told me it didn't need a stretch. I was kind of surprised. I haven't seen the kit yet but the info is on the way. I was just curious because this is another company that there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on. I'd take a ride down to Phoenix to look at a completed car before I did anything, but if they were a fly by night outfit, I wouldn't bother. Sounds like I'll be OK.
    Thanks for the reply.

They have been at Carlisle in the past so perhaps there are some photos floating around of their cars.
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

Here is a good site for their car...

http://www.geocities.com/gt40racer/gt40racer.html
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

mikeo

Thanks Derwin, that was a great link!! Sounds like I can get all the info I need from this guy!! ;D

mikeo

Man, that would save me a 5 hour ride, That's cool of you to offer. I really appreciate it. I'll get the info and the address later on tonight when I'm a surfin insomniac. There' are actually 2 places. I'll get both addresses and the names and all later tonight, Thanks Paulino!! ;D

I called them just over a Month ago as I'm trying to decide what to do with that other 88 Fiero of mine

They said they were sending me information and took all my info. Still have yet to get anything.

Sounded like I called an Auto shop, from what I heard in the background. Eithet that, or they were building quite a few cars back there

Jury is still out...

DKOV -

mikeo

Ok Paulino, here you go:
    Aspp (Auto Sport Performance Products)
    I spoke with Jack (seemed nice enough )
    740 *w main st
    Superior, Az 502-689-0100 (where the hell is that??)
    He said they have a GT$ kit that supplies you with everything down to the nuts and bolts for $6988
    I've checked out the pics, and it looks ok except for the door mirrors are lame, the roof looks to be the wrong shape and it uses the stock Fiero windows and they had plexi originally.The one time I don't want windows...!Also the single square headlight looks out of place, I can't find a good pic of an original to see what it had.
    If you could make it over there one weekend, that would be awesome. I'd like to go myself, but I wanted to wait till I got his info pack, Judging by the way he took care of DKOV, I'll be waiting quite a while..See Ya

mikeo

Hey Paulino, that's cool. I thought it was right in your area. No sweat. I'll make a ride out there one of these days. There is a place in your town though that makes GT 40s. I think Levy Racing is out there. They are the US distributor for Roaring 40's if I remember right. I looked at their site and the car is beautiful. It looks way better than the one from ASPP, but you have to buy the chassis also and it's twice the price, too0 steep for me..
    Take care ;D