Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porche Kit from an old Kit Car Mag

Porche Kit from an old Kit Car Mag

Hey guys do any of you remember seeing a Porche rebody kit for the Fiero in Kit Car or KCI some point in the past 10 years or so? Maybe longer--no earlier than 87. I believe it was based on a 911, yellow and it was a wide body. The car was sweet looking. Had some really juicy fat tires on it, think the rims had some yellow in it also. I had the issue and have torn this house up twice in the past 5 years or so looking for it. It anyone has it could you please post pics of it for me? I don't know who made it, I don't even know of anyone who makes a such a kit anymore. Thanks in advance ;D

Re: Porche Kit from an old Kit Car Mag

Anybody? What about you Beerman? I noticed you mentioned old mags in a post...recall seeing the Porche kit?

8) Could it have been the "Laser 917"? It was based on the Porsche 917 of the Steve McQueen era. I used to own one about ten years ago. It was made by Elite Enterprises in, I believe, Cokato MN. Somewhere in MN anyway. I had the M model. Here is a link to some info:
    http://www.priceofhistoys.com/project/laser917/history/
    Don't forget to click on the brochure with the blonde on the lower left! This was the brochure I ordered as a teenager in the 70's and fell in love with the car. I never had seen the brochure from Quint. That same one came with my info and had the MN address. I still have the front wrap around bumper and the rear bumper in the basement. They just keep moving around with me! They are FREE to anyone willing to come get them or pay the shipping. Hope this was helpfull.

:-[ Damn,,,,,,,Just re-read your post. You were asking about a fiero based kit, the Laser was on a VW,,,,,,,,,,,,never mind. 8)

Thanks anyway Larry It is the thought that counts right? The one I'm looking for was like an 80's or early 90's model. I'm planning on tearing the house aprt AGAIN to try and find that darn magazine >

I think I have some info on the car you are asking about on a video, It was a 911/912 styled rebody for the fiero and was Suposed to be a simple bolt on conversion.I will try and find the company name and number.The other car you may be thinking of was a VW rebody produced by a company in mexico that went out of business due to a large number of lawsuits.

I remember that kit... Really liked it too. Well, one of the two kits I'm thinking of. One looked like a pregnant slug and was built on a VW while the other was a conversion for any 911/912 kits to a 930s Turbo look. THAT was the cool one!

I've still got all my Kit Car mags from YEEEEARS ago. I should be able to find it...

What a great idea

DKOV -

Ahh... here we go... 2 minutes fo find it... not to bad

The company was called "Better Bodies" and their kit models were called the 930s and 935s. Normal and slantnose models were available.

Exerpts from the add...

"will convert any 1966 - 1989 Porsche 199 or 912 into a dazzling, updated 935s (slantnose) and 930s lookalike"

"Better bodies also offers 924 to 944 conversions, front spoilers for 911s and 912s, side boxed rockers, flares, vents, fenders and rear spoilers at very affordable prices"

They USED to be located at:

Better Bodies
    388 Calle Primera, Dept SC
    San Ysidro, CA 92073

There were no prices given but the pricture sure looks good

Best,

DKOV -

Bit MORE research and BAM...

They are still around!!! Really good for a "kit car" company. The add I'm looking at was placed in February of 1991!!!!

I'd give them my business

Website... www.betterbodiesusa.com

Phone is 619-690-5081

Amazing stuff

Go... GET IT

DKOV -

DKOV you Rock!!!! That is a sweet looking car. Thank you much for the research. Thank you also Tat2 Only one thing...I'm positive this was a fiero rebody. Almost certain it was yellow and it was awesome!!!! I did a little research myself. In one of the buyers guides I saw Indy Exotics, said they made Porche rebodies for the Fiero. Could it have been them? I'm sure you have it im one of those old mags. This is becoming an X-File for me....The Porche is out there