Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Convincing Ferrari Replica

Most Convincing Ferrari Replica

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which Ferrari kit looks the most like the real thing, the donor car for the kit, and how much it costs.

Thanks in advance, and this is for all models.

Re: Most Convincing Ferrari Replica

You're best off with the 308 replicas in terms of value for the money. For about $15 000 you can get a nice convincing one on a Fiero, and it does look proportionate to the real thing. The 355 is a sort of weird thing becuase it's not simply a question of money. Some kits cost alot but aren't accurate, and others might be cheap and you could do alot with it. The AD is very close to the real thing and with enough modifications to a fiero, you can get the 355 replica to look like the real thing (check out some of the ones here on this forum).
    The Testarossa will be easy to make a look-alike but very hard to make a replica since it's 5" wider than the fiero on each side and needs a major stretch of the chassis.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Thanks alot, where can I find a decent or great 355 kit?

Look up John Watson or Air Dynamics and you will see everything about his kits. You can reach him at (706) 971-4676. Tell him that Eddie sent you his way.

I agree with Auto in that I think the AD kit is the best out there for a 355. *Put one of the extended windscreens in like Dave's Funnywheels II and you have an excellent replica.

Again, I agree with Auto where the 308's are good replicas on Fieros. *Again, put in the extended windscreen on that as well and it would be really good. *More work to do on the hood though as they are all set up for the stock Fiero windscreen.

Last I can think of easily is the 246 Dino that, I believe, Norm's Fiberglass has. *Pretty darn good replica of that as well and also has a convertible model. *Not actively advertised though to stay under the radar. *Fiero based and I bet an extended windscreen in that one would be great as well. *Actually, the 246 Dino has more of a windscreen like a Neon but that does not fit well into the Fiero windscreen frame. *I think it would look closer to that though.

Again, no idea on prices.

My thoughts
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I'm working on a Roma Dino246GT (Carter Conversions). Mine now has a V8Archie Chop Top (#3). Much fiberglass modification to the rear roof clip, but now has a more accurate roof profile. Don't like the typical Fiero windshield. Trying to figure out how to fab a targa roof like the original GTS.
    &#039;71 365 GTB/4 &quot;Daytona Spyder&quot; (Mike Hudson Conversion)<br />Dino 246gt rebody, V8Archie chop top #3 on &#039;85 SE Fiero, V6, 4 spd

Looks great!! More photos please.....a build website maybe??

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Mono -- that looks great! I am definately interested in that, you should put up a site (I could help with graphics, for free of course).

yes it looks great. the dino is a great looking car, many consider it the best design of all time (i dont have a favorite, i like alot of things).
    i was fortunate last year to get stuck behind a yellow one being towed and it was just great to look at it upclose.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Thank's for all the positive feedback! I've had a few roadblocks along the way (bad fabricator shops, etc.). It's good to hear your comments.
    Very interested in the "extended windshield" being used on 355 conversions. Might solve my dislike for the Fiero windshield. Is it offered for non-355 kits? Would a different cowl cover be needed? Here's a front end view showing the rare "euro park light" front clip and hoodbeing trial fitted.
    &#039;71 365 GTB/4 &quot;Daytona Spyder&quot; (Mike Hudson Conversion)<br />Dino 246gt rebody, V8Archie chop top #3 on &#039;85 SE Fiero, V6, 4 spd