Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360 Fiero

360 Fiero

Anybody have any hint through the grapevine on a Fiero based 360?

Re: 360 Fiero

I think most builders have given up on the Fiero and are looking for more modern donors from the ones I have talked too. Fieros are cool little cars but I think a lot of people have come up with better platforms as most lambos are tube chassis now.

there are still very few modern donors, and none of them are anywhere near affordable (MR2 MK2 $2000+ even crashed, MR2 MK3 Spyder $9000+)

fiero is good for a cheap chassis and i wouldnt count it out. stretching a unibody car is much much harder and not as safe, as well as being weaker structurally and looking messy. go look at the carrera gt on a boxter build.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

You are correct the Fiero is cheap but and I mean a big but after you upgrade every thing and add a more modern interior and chop here and nip there and add body parts oyea that engine swap has to be added in there you get past the other prices fast. It would be cheaper to just build a tube chassis or use a wrecked C4 for a 360 spider.

depends on how far you want to go. remember that 90% of fiero kit cars out there still have the stock engine, and alot still have the stock interior too, so never assume everyone wants to invest $15k+ into a drivetrain and interior
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I agree Mike.. In order to build a "driveable car" is costs money. I've got over $20,000 in my chassis not body too. just chassis.
    I'll never build another car on a Fiero. Tube chassis is the way to go if you are setup and know how to build it.. if you want the "look"
    then Fiero is the best way.
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

The C4 chassis huh? Converting to a mid-engine layout would be quite the challenge. Since there are tube chassis systems already available for the lambo kits perhaps one could be modified to the 360 dimensions.

To be honest I don't the sides look like a slab and the real 360 is a big car putting it on a Small car platform does not do it justice. I'm serious about the C5 donor for the 360 I have talked to someone swapping the engine to the rear. I think to just put the panels on the car and leave the engine up front would work. The C5 has a very low front and it might tuck in under the 360 frontend. I wish someone had a 430 in the making.

;D ;D ;D