Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EXTREME 355 Replica

EXTREME 355 Replica

I have a few questions about this kit. I own a 1993 MR2 (US model) and was wondering if this kit would fit on my car. Also, will EXTREME ship to the U.S.?

And about the interior trimming, do I have to get it done by EXTREME or can I get the pieces and have someone do it here or do it myself?

Thanks alot!

Re: EXTREME 355 Replica

yes the kit is for the MK2 (SW20 i believe)

as they are in the UK i doubt they'll fly in to work on your car unless you're filthy rich, which would make me wonder why even do a 355 replica if you were that rich. they say they will ship to US but none have been so far, no one been daring enough to try. you would do the interior locally, or just get a fiero 355 interior and chop it up and get a local shop to upholster it.

good luck if you do decide to import one, it will be a nice change from the fiero madness in the americas
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

But wait, I have an American model (left hand drive) 1993 MR2, and I dont know if that's the SW20? I have never heard that term used.

By the way, I would be importing and having it done here if it does indeed fit on my car. I'm just wondering if it even will fit, because they have that whole code Mk2 mr2 sw20 model, and i have no idea what that means.

Do you mean they would send the leather here for me to hire someone to put it together?

Your right AutoMX no one has been daring enough to import one to the US. but we have 5 kits going to New York in a few weeks it would be nice if someone from this forum in the area would go and look at the quality of them.The kit will fit on a 1993 mr2.

SW20 are all 1989.5 to 1995 (US) or 1999 (Japan)

Quote Originally Posted by EXTREME
    Your right AutoMX no one has been daring enough to import one to the US. but we have 5 kits going to New York in a few weeks............
    What's the problem for importing this kit to the US?? legal problems or shipping issues??

and how come now all of a sudden there are 5 kits coming??

Just wondering - VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

the main problem is cost. you literally can double the cost of a kit if it's not expensive to start with. depending on your location, shipping can run close to $2500 total (within UK, across ocean, freight within US). and imagine doing all this to find out the kit isnt great or damaged from shipping.. (not talking about extreme, just hypothetical)

thats the main reason why people are afraid to do it. besides you probably wouldnt fly across the ocean just to check out a kit before buying...
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Okay, thanks for the explanation on the cost...

However, based on my PERSONAL experience I have had large items shipped from the UK to NY much cheaper....I'm talking abour wheels, doors (heavy) and hood etc for $500....Shipping took a long time via ship but I didn't care....Everything arrived with no problems...That's my personal experience.

I was also thinking about getting a complete body kit (many pieces) from France a while back to NY, all fiberglass panels...The shipping price I was quoted was $300 for everyhiing to my door...The kit was for a Porsche 928 car.

Anyway, I can't argue with you when you say shipping can be expensive but I think the seller could possibly negotiate a better shipping deal for overseas....$2K for shipping seems like a lot of money to me.

VK

Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

I'd be daring enough, but shipping from NY to California would be costly...

But I'm glad to hear it will fit on my MR2, so sooner or later I will be buying this kit. Will you still be around for a few more months at least? I only ask because Ferrari gets aggressive.

(Talking to EXTREME)

goyal99 there is no problem with shipping to the US,you say all of a sudden there are 5 kits coming ,ther has been kits coming for a wile, my brother lives there,there was no rush be for as we had no orders for the US, but now we have.so take advantage of this and go and see one, we are subsidising the shipping so there will be little shipping costs.Auto i could not agree more with you, people do worry, I can not subsidise shipping any where else in the world only the US as i can ship a lot at a time ,we have storage and a bodyshop being set up this is the reason. hope this is of some help to some members of the forum