Thread: Testarossa interior molds - progress

Testarossa interior molds - progress

well i've finally started cleaning up the TR door panel molds that i got a while back, and it's going to take a bit of work..

the molds are not warped or wavy but there's alot of imperfections that need fixing.

first for reference, a real TR door with a nasty color choice:
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Re: Testarossa interior molds - progress

here are the molds as i got them
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

after sanding out the rough surface, there's still holes to fill and other stuff to fix

sprayed sanded surface with bumper paint to see bumpers and imperfections. the armrest is almost perfect but the area below needs work..

AutoMX, I appreciate the hard work that goes into perfecting molds, but if the intension is to cover the part with foam and fabric, what does it matter if there are surface imperfections? Unless there are those that just smooth and paint it?

just curious...

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

well there's some holes to patch up, i'm not going to put body filler to make it all perfect. if i dont fill the holes, i'll probably never be able to remove the parts from the molds, and if i did succeed, the sharp spikes left where the holes are would easily rip anything covering the bare fg panel.

you can't see it in the pic but in one of the corners, there's a hole thats about 1 inch wide and a half inch deep, an air bubble left from improper glassing

but as far as the sanding goes, the smoother the surface, the easier to remove from the molds later. i'm not going to sand much past this stage though.

i also need to figure out what i can do with 1 koenig fender mold* :P

Well, that makes sence, even to my feeble mind

i also need to figure out what i can do with 1 koenig fender mold
    Make a mirror image so you have two koenig fender molds. :P ;D

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif