Thread: Are there any true bolt on kits?

Are there any true bolt on kits?

Hi just wondering since I see some vendors say things like direct bolt on kit. Is this even true? I know not for replicas but for anything like PISA, or not quite replica cars.

Do true bolt on kits exist?

Bolt on should mean, take a piece off plop a piece in and in 6hrs your done and ready to drive off.

Re: Are there any true bolt on kits?

There are kits that you can bolt on, but there is still fill and shape work to be done to even the best body kit. And there are some pretty good looking kits that are totally bolt-on. In my opinion, one of the best is the Aldino. Rich and his son did a complete bolt-on at a car show one weekend showing how easily it could be done. He has a really good build series of pictures on his site. Not a cheap kit though, but since you don't have to buy anything else to get it put together it probably saves money. One of the things that I like about this car is that it also includes all the panels to finish beneath the hood and deck.

http://www.aldinokit.com/

Re: Are there any true bolt on kits?

I would say that the Mera clones will be close to bolt on, but there is no true bolt on kit. If I am wrong, so be it. Judging by people in my local kit car club the most straight forward build is the FFR Cobra. And it will still take work to get on the road. Building a kit car is not easy. It will take time, money and creativity. If you do not like working tough problems, then kit cars are not for you.