Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PICTURES OF PROJECT

PICTURES OF PROJECT

Hi
    I just wanted to post some pics of my project. I am hoping i can have it painted by the end of Nov because I want to take the car to the Turkey Rod Run show in Daytona. I still have quiet a bit of work but must of the hard stuff is done.
    What do you guys think of the fixed headlamps ? I copy them from a real Coutach I saw on a website. That was quite a bit of work and time consuming.

RIGHT REAR OF CAR, All that stuff on the floor is the paint i have been striping w/ razor blades

RIGHT FRONT Here you can see the headlamp enclosure after it has been extended and one of the headlamp is on the windshield.

This is the first time i ever post pics, so i am sorry it does not look as nice as some of the other post but I am learning.

PS Are there any other builders in Fl ?...., I am in the central Fl area.

Re: PICTURES OF PROJECT

Looks great...It looks like you've put alot of work into it. Keep it up!

85LAMB, that is what I did to mine as will. I used the head lights from a 79 Volvo. What will you use to adjust your head lights? I just finished painting mine and I have to get some pictures taken, maybe this weekend. here are a couple of pictures of work in progress...

Here's a picture of my car after paint... All thats left is the detailing and trim... Now I can drive her while I finish up the detailing.....

Hi
    Thank you Xracer, you are right it has been alot of work, and I am sure you know since you painted your car black, wich by the way looks really nice.

Kitcarguy, I am sorry I had not answer your post, but i have not check this site until today. About the adjustment, I made brakets out of aluminum to be able to adjust the lights. I'll try to take pics of it tonight and post them tomorrow. when I saw your pics I tough it was pretty cool that we did the same thing w/ the lights. I have to tell you, your hood looks like is line up really good. I have a few questions for you; how did you wire up your headlamps ? and did you have to use a relay, when you put your high beams on do both of your lights stay on? what kind of fog lamps or driving lamps are you using and what are you doing for frt turn signals ?. what are you using for weather strip around the doors ? well I think this should be enough questions for now.
    thank you for your reply

....RIGHT FRONT Here you can see the headlamp enclosure after it has been extended and one of the headlamp is on the windshield...
    85LAMB,
    What type of headlights did you use? They look smaller than the standard sealed beam.

Hi
    InfiniteVision, the headlamps are Hella Optilux 1500, they are a little bit less that 3.5'' in diameter, but they are brighter than the projector beam lights on an Acura Integra 8). Last night I conected them for the first time to take a couple of pic and I am very happy w/ them
    the litle lights one is the parking light and other is t/s and hazzars.

this is what the braket looks like, it can be ajusted horizontally and vertically, it looks simple but it took me quite a while to get it just rigtht

Here you can see the light on and the parking light on, but one ca hardly see the parking light.

I am no photagrafer but I think this pic is pretty cool.

KITCARGUY
    I was looking at your website, and you have done a lot to your car, question , how did you raise and lower your car on the back?

Hi
    InfiniteVision, the headlamps are Hella Optilux 1500, they are a little bit less that 3.5'' in diameter, but they are brighter than the projector beam lights on an Acura Integra ...
    85LAMB,
    * * Are the Hella's considered driving/auxillary lights? Where are you located? I am in the U.S. and these wouldn't be legal as main beams. I searched a quite a bit for smaller (4" or so) headlamps on production vehicles that would fit my Testarossa. I couldn't find anything "ready to use" under $300... even on ebay! I ended up heavely "massaging" later model Integra lights which I got a good price on, due to damage that didn't effect my use. Here's a photo of the one pair I completed:

I trimmed the lens so that I still had the D.O.T. (department of transportation) aproval inscription. Before and after photos of the light patterns are practically identical.

Tim

InfiniteVision
    I also research those lights for months, on the net , going to speed shops, looking at diff cars, etc, etc, Well I am also in the USA thank God, good old Fl, the lights I am using are driving lamps and they have the DOT stamp on them, so hopefully that should be no problem. What kind of lights did you end up using the ones on the right look familiar...and How are you goint to wire them up? will they both be on w/ the high beams on? it would be nice to see some pics of your car if you could post some

... What kind of lights did you end up using the ones on the right look familiar...
    85LAMB... have you been in my garage??!!
    Sorry, I didn't explain the photo well enough. :P One of the Integra lights is on the left, and on the right are the lights I made from it (I just edited the photo to clarify). I don't know how I will wire them yet. All four on would look cool.

Here's my car. On top is when I bought it Dec 2000. The bottom is in May 2002. There has been a lot of "fixing up" to do.

Tim