Thread: How to ship a car?

How to ship a car?

:-/ I think I have found a partially finished kit in california. The body is not attached to the frame yet. What would be the best way to get it to St. Louis, MO.? I checked on U-haul car carrier and they want $605 for a one way. The distance is about 1,800 miles. Is this price getting close to what a car moving company would charge? Anyone have other ideas? The seller is having the body attached in a month but wants to add another $1000 to the price for this. I am going to a kit car show on sunday (9-15) and plan to pick their brains also. Any replies are appreciated! 8)

Re: How to ship a car?

Do a web search for car transport companies. and get some quotes. That's the only way you'll know for sure.

I was going to ship a fiero from New Hampshire to Alabama, it was gonna cost $675 Everyone else wanted $800 or more.

I ended up flying there and driving it back.

Call Ron @ 877-602-7769 for a quote. Tell him Alex in Alabama told you to call if he asks. Or mention the Fiero, he might remember, I made him do quotes to all points in between. You can tell him I am keeping his number for the future since I didn't ship this time. He's in TN.

Goodluck!

;D This is the kind of lead I was fishing for!!!!!! Thanks GodAlex for the tip. I will call him and throw around your name. How did you end up with his name?

You're welcome Larry. Actually the dealer that sold the car to me (which sells a lot of cars on ebay) gave me his number. They claimed that he had some of the best pricing for shipping and he is their primary shipper. And with no problems to boot.

Cheers! 8)

Anyone Interested,,,,,,,,I called Ron in Tn and he was by far the cheapest guote to ship from Corona, CA. to St. Louis, MO. He was at $750, the next closest was $950, another came in at $1198! This was door to door. $125 deposit, $625 to the driver on delivery. Not bad I thought. Thanks again to GodAlex for the tip! ;D

I had the same prob a little while back. I ended up paying a private mechanic $700.00 to pick it up.

Your welcome LarryBud!

A line from the movie Brazil: "We are all in it together"