Thread: CK-3 MOLDS

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

CK-3 MOLDS

The CK3 molds that were found what happen to them , the place that purchased all the stuff went out of buisness several months ago ,anyone know or have a no. to the new owners now ???
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Re: CK-3 MOLDS

I went and saw the CK-3 molds I think you are talking about that were going for auction here in Calgary and they were pretty bad. I think it was Blaine's old junk molds that he mollified the law with when surrendering his company assets. I remember seeing Contach molds, some Testa fender molds, maybe other stuff but th e53 Vette molds had been picked up by someone else at the bankruptcy auction and used to make dragster bodies from. The company that had the molds I saw was Guyon's Racing and they did shut down but I do not know where the molds went at the auction as I did not bother to go there after seeing them ahead of time. They really weren't that great.

I do know for a fact though, that the 355 molds were not taken away during Blaine's 1st company melt down as I used them after all this went down during my little strife with Blaine. He also had the KR and TR molds at the same time as I was dealing with him as he offerred the molds to me for a "deal" but I was not interested. That was a couple years ago so I have no idea what has been done with them or where they might be now.

I can try to contact Blaine and ask him if anyone is really serious about getting the molds off him if he still has them. I know the 355 molds were nice when I was using them.

PM me or email me at my home address if you are interested and I will see if I can get hold of him again and give him your info as I won't be in the middle of this one.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

thanks , i was looking at the fiberglass hard tonneau cover for the 512 spyder in the pile of molds , it is a gray gelcoated fiberglass part that could be cut down an fit over the AD 355 spyder openings ,this part was made already an in the pile of parts ,that is the only thing i was looking at or for NOT THE OTHER MOLDS
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Where do you live that you were looking at the molds themselves?

I am in Calgary.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Guyons sent me about 12 pictures before they went under an they did not want to sell the one part they wanted to sell the whole pile of molds & parts , their were several 512 front fenders an molds and you are correct those were old molds 8)

Oh Okay;

I might be able to find a guy that worked at Guyons and will ask if I can.

No guarentees though. I am away for a week starting Thursday so it may be a while.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV