Thread: why mid engines only???

why mid engines only???

hey guys why not customise front engine cars that are available everywhere like civics lol or anything cheap haha i mean the fiero isn't a problem or anything but I'm just trying to make business a little bit more "booming"

Speedster11

whens the next knotts berry farm show or whatever they hold in carisle!? I'm really interest in going I live in pittsburgh right now and I would love to go! let me know anything it's something I can't miss for the world... ;D

Re: why mid engines only???

Well midengine cars are much more exotic than the front engine cars. A Lamborghini Diablo looks better than a Dodge Viper, front engines are just to common no adays and there arent that many front engine designs that most people would die for like or not most people would take a Murcielago or an SLR Mclaren. They are soooo limited also you can modify the chassis in anyway like you could with a Fiero chassis like a 11inche streach kit for a lamborghini, id like to see somebody try that on a Ford tarus. lol.

I wouldnt want to see anybody build a kit on a Civic but like a Corvette or a Supra, S2000, RX7/8. those cars would be cool to make an awsome Aston Martin replica or a Ferrari 456 replica build up or even a 575!. SLR Mclaren, Skyline R34 the coolest front engined exotics out there would be awsome to start making kits for them. There was a K1 kit based on the Fbody im not sure if its still avalable but i would like to see that return as a body kit for the Toyota Supra. That car was awsome but i think the company axed it for the attack. In the future i would like to see more front engine exotics though because there is going to be to many Corvettes and mustangs and Vipers out there because they are becoming somewhat affordable so more people will by used Viper RT-10s and Z06 vettes and Mustang Cobra Rs. Im gonna lose interest in those cars. So hopefully somebody will make an Aston Martin V-12 Vanquish replica by then

I really don't see how a Civic made it into the autoindustry as a poplaur car, i can't stand it. That the only reason why i refuse to touch a K1attack because the powerplant is a Honda.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

Quote Originally Posted by capt,ginyu
    most people would take a Murcielago or an SLR Mclaren.
    The SLR is front mounted mid engined, like many common cars (mercedes in general)

but overall, the thing that most people fingure when doing kit cars is that almost always, the cars want to feel sporty (i'm excluding the cobras and pre/post war classic type kits) and mid engined rear mounted cars are really the best obption for exotic or race cars. so when they make exotic or race car look-alikes, they like to make them feel like the real thing.

and besides, kit cars arent just about the looks. the car does still function and usually weighs less than a typical car, might as well make it *almost* as fun as the real thing.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

we make* bumpers for genuine 456s these are made for a company in the UK.we have said to them that we wont resell them but they could sell one to someone that is interested in making a kit car 456.they could maybe sell one without the fixings on the rear of the bumper to make things cheaper.please don't ask me for one of these bumpers as i am a man of my word and i told them i would not sell them to anyone but them.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

rear fixings
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by capt,ginyu

I wouldnt want to see anybody build a kit on a Civic but like a Corvette or a Supra, S2000, RX7/8. those cars would be cool to make an awsome Aston Martin replica or a Ferrari 456 replica build up or even a 575!. So hopefully somebody will make an Aston Martin V-12 Vanquish replica by then
    Exactly. Take a Mistubishi/Dodge Stealth or an old Supra and let's see a 2+2 front-engine Italian styled car based on the 456/575!

Hey what is that 456 replica based on?.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

there is no 456 replica, read the text.

if you wanted to do a 550 or 575 replica, there was a 550 bumper on ebay a while back for $150 shipped, no one got it. It wouldn't be hard to make a 550 replica.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Mid-Engine layouts are designed to do two things. Create better weight distributiion front to back (Especially true with heavier engines), and to free up the front suspension to do the steering while the back wheels do the propelling.

There's nothing wrong with front-engine layouts, but making exotic bodies for things like the Civic seems a bit daft. Not because of the orientation of the engine, but the drivetrain. That is to say, front-wheel drive cars. Front wheel drive cars are preferred transportation cars because they are forgiving to drive (Try braking into the apex of a corner with a rear wheel drive car.) and allow for big trunks. They're great grocery-getters but terrible track cars.

Obviously there is a huge market to sell modifications to owners of Civics, Integras, Eclipses, and the like. But for replicas, it would just be rediculous to use them as donors.