Thread: V8 longitudinal Fiero! *Hey, it's in there... *

V8 longitudinal Fiero! *Hey, it's in there... *

I found this to be interesting. Just goes to show where there is a will, there is a way. (even if you do some tacky trunk bending)

Re: V8 longitudinal Fiero! *Hey, it's in there...

Where did you find that car? Is it yours? Was the car stretched? I LIKE IT! ;D

Fino
    Fino<br />www.feroce.com<br /><br />The National Kit Car Club.<br />http://www.kitcarclub.com/

Re: V8 longitudinal Fiero!  Hey, it's in there...

Looks like some serious mods to the decklid as well!

That is REALLY cool!!! The way a V8 SHOULD be done

What did you use for a tranny?

DKOV -

I was on GMforums.com doing research, I found a guy on there who has been a huge help, he did a fiero 3.1 Turbo and has been helping me with particulars and with the code for the stock computer. TGP based. (turbo grand prix) He modified the factory code to suit his particular installation.

While sifting through countless posts on turbo's and fiero's I came across that picture. The guy who posted it said someone he knew had done it, there were not any details about it except that it used the Toronado Trans. If you look closely at the pictures you will notice that the car is not stretched. If I had done it, it wouldnt have a beaten up trunk, I would have removed the trunk completely! ;-)

Thought you all might get a kick out of it, someone posted a request about it being possible. I always assumed a stretch was necessary. Guess I was wrong. It won't be the last time, Im sure. ;D

If Rockcrawler would finish his site update, I'd say check it out. ;D He does have a lot of info on conversions, including the longitudinal.

Forgot to put his site address: http://www.fieroaddiction.com/
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

I did that same conversion in my 25th Anniv Countach replica. It's a bulletproof setup, the TH425 can handle any engine you can dream of. It does put a lot of weight behind the rear axle, and you can feel it. Polyurethane or solid bushings are a must-have, as is a rear swaybar. I actually un-did one of these swaps for a guy because the handling was so poor. I installed a 3800SC and he's much happier with the car. I'm now putting the 350 in another car with an Archie kit.
    I've heard of a few guys flipping the final drive assy upside down and facing the engine towards the rear, which puts more of the weight forward. In a stretched chassis the final drive can even be extended further away from the trans to get the entire drivetrain in front. It's actually the closest to a real Lambo setup I've seen, but automatic. I had some pics of that but I don't know what happened to them.

I'm slowly working on getting the new site up, the longitudinal V8 page is now up but I have more pics to add. http://www.fieroaddiction.com/SBCLa.html

Now that picture looks like something I'd do, rather than bending thr Trunk, I'd just remove it! (or weld up a tunnel)

I guess handling wouldnt be such an issue if the car was stretched, I'll have to play with photoshop and see what a stretched Fiero looks like. ;-)

A few more pictures for your veiwing enjoyment. I haven't had any part in these cars, they're just some pictures I've gathered.