Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitcar.ca Contests!

Kitcar.ca Contests!

Hey Everyone,
    I have a few kitcar-related prizes here which I'd like to give out in some sort of contest. Anyone have any fun/exciting ideas for contests for kitcar.ca?
    Thanks
    Ari

Re: Kitcar.ca Contests!

Oh Pick me!!! I have one... What about Worlds longest kit build.. That would clearly go to me :'( Kidding.. well not really.

Ari who will judge it all.. and how do we sign up?

David
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Both Very good questions... in terms of judging I was thinking two votes per person, so the community can judge and we don't have to worry about every only voting for themselves... In terms of signing up, well, we need to figure out what the contest will be first!!

sounds like a good idea but comming up with a good contest could be tricky. I vote for a photoshop or graphics conest because I have a great advantage haha ;D
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Maybe we'll have different categories - best concept rendering, nicest build, longest build, most expensive build, etc...

Ohh, most expensive build, now I do have a chance. Over $25,000 and it is just a fiero chassis and a mountain of ferrari parts :
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Ari I have a question.

I came up with a concept and had another person do my model. I'm learning but am not there yet. If I were to post screenshots of my model (uncopyrighted at the moment) does this make the model public domain?* If the model needs to be copyrighted first, do you or anyone else know how to do that?

As far as a contest goes, I do have* suggestion. We all know how many Cobra kits there are out there and they don't seem to be slowing down any, but any way you cut it the Cobra is still the Cobra. I have wondered how much fun it would be to have a contest where the Cobra body is redesigned, with a fresh new look! I will be the first to admit my model is a mid engine, but the lure to design something front engined is there.

Mike

the contest of designing a concept car is a good idea but i do see how people would be afraid to post their ideas.

however i do love the idea of redesigning the cobra, since it's so common these days. you get my vote there.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I second the cobra idea, make that third it.

Automx if Ari decides to do a design contest you have to compete with both eyes tied behind your back! ;D

Do you happen to know anything about copyright and how it's done with digital media? I would assume with your background you might be familar with the subject? Where do 3d models etc fit in the process?

Another option for a design contest would be to give a specific set of parameters and make the design public domain. That could easily be done with the Cobra I suppose.

kermit, I wonder who's gonna 8 it?

Mike