Thread: My 'new' MR2

My 'new' MR2

Well this is on the borderline of off topic and general, but here it goes anyways.

I finally got my MR2 fixed up from the crashed condition it was in when i bought it. It runs fine, drives well, and still needs interior work. I'm planning to put in power steering from something like a Geo or a similarly small and light car, but that will be inthe later future. I really did get a great deal on it and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

And I know what everyone will ask: will i put a kit on it? Right now, I don't know. I like to think i will but nothing is for sure as of now. The wheelbase will not change if i do since i'm not in the mood to cut up an already tricky and light chassis. I would need to completely redo whatever body i put on it to fit this since i havent seen any kits for it ever.

I do however like the idea of putting a 308 or 328 bumper on it, it seems like it could work. Maybe even a diablo one. (i'm a poor student, i'm not talking original parts or $300 - $600 aftermarket parts). In case someone has any ideas, feel free to let me know, I'm open to ideas and I'm definitely keep to get my hands dirty

Car cost: $500
    Features: new cat, new exhaust tips and maybe muffler, Alpine alarm and immobilizer with radar sensor, a horrid interior, 5 speed 4 cyl 1.6L engine, 2200lb weight.

Repair costs: frame and structural repairs (did work myself & got help at the body shop) $60 tip to the guy who helped. $140 in junkyard parts - ripoff, $150 to get a crappy paintjob on the fender and headlight cover.

Insurace for a year $220

Total spent so far: $1070

Things to do: "repair" the interior, have fun, maybe modify exterior.

now the pics:

damage at purchase:

damage to ego due to previous owners' tastes:

replacement panels:

And the recent work:

before 'new' foam bumper is put in:

banging out some of the damage:
    before

after

bumper roughly mounted:

fender after sloppy but OK paintjob:

refinished brackets after rust removed and sprayed:

and finally:

of course the finishing touch:
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Re: My 'new' MR2

and no i didn't paint it myself.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I love the TAXI light on top ;D

;D haha!! the axi sign really just does it!!