Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For amida...............

For amida...............

HI,

I really want to buy your interior kit someday, and hope that you'll still be making them when I can....Knocks on wood.....!! I was doing some searching in the forum and came across a thread that had pics of your experiment with silver tones to the interior of your car... I was curious as to how you were able to paint over some of the buttons n stuff, and still retain the image of its function..... Do you have stencils or something....lol.... Or did you have a print shop print them back on....If so, would you mind telling us how much it might be to have them reprinted???
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Re: For amida...............

The panels were painted with a standard automotive lacquer before assembly.* This was done just as an experiment as the recent trend in factory automotive interior styling features silver accent pieces selectively placed within the interiors.* For an all black interior, the accents help brighten the look.* The spacer box below the shift gate shows the problem with the Fiero high tunnel mounted shifter.* A riser/spacer box would be needed if a functional gate were to be used with the 4/5 speed shifter.* Unfortunately, it doesn't help the appearance.* This is THE one area of compromise when working with the Fiero chassis.* Not a problem for automatics, however.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

side view

Standard 4/5 speed shift plate.

I need a shifter rod and six-speed ball for my replica(even though it is an automatic tranny) Where did you get that one in the pics? I have not found one to fit in between the gated shifter slots.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Rodney Dickman makes a nice one. I got my 6 speed chrome shift knob from an outfit in England. I'll try to find the website link.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

HI all,

Amida, I once asked about how the door opens up from the inside of your panels and I don't think I was satisfied.... Do you use an oem ferrari 355 setup to open the door to get out of??
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

HI all,

Just a friendly bump......

Rob built a custom pistol grip and handle that sits on top of the pistol grip that fits in with his interior. It is metal and operates the same as the real Ferrari but was built by him. Very nice work.

Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

HI all,

Sorry to dredge (sp?) up an old thread guys... In the second pic of Amida's personal interior it looks like the steering column can be raised with this kit...... But would the steering column cover still fit? Amida what do you think ?