Thread: NEW COUNTACH BUILD WEBSITE

NEW COUNTACH BUILD WEBSITE

I launched my new web site today detailing the progress of my Lambo Countach replica. I hope you find it helpful to your project!

www.zrthompson.com

Re: NEW COUNTACH BUILD WEBSITE

HI
    I just wanted to say welcome . I looked at your site it looks like your have put a lot of work into your project and I think it was great that you were able to find real Countach seats. The body looks like the one from Euroworks, which is great. well keep up the good work and if you can post a few pics hear so we can see your progress , and then I'll go to your site to see the rest.

Yes, welcome and keep up the hard work... It's looking great. You have a bases of making that kit look like the real thing. There are others on here that have worked on Countach's, so if you are stuck, just shout and I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question or find out who can.....

The car is looking great. Euro Works offers a really good kit and all technical help needed to complete it. I have some pics that may give you a little motivation seeing the finish and you can expect something of equal quality because the Euro Works kit is a much better kit than the ones we used for these cars.
    http://www.exoticglass1.com/additional_pics.htm
    www.exoticglass1.com

Thanks to all that replied and those that emailed!
    This is a great forum with a ton of enthusiasm to help motivate me.

The history of my body is from Florida...I stumbled across the body in 1991 in an ad in Kit Kar Marketer. The fellow that I bought the car from lived in Ohio, but had traveled to Florida to buy it. It is unique because of the periscope rear view mirror on the roof. I don't believe that it is Euroworks kit.

I will be posting many new photos from the past ten years worth of work. I expect the car to be complete by spring 2003!

Thanks again to everyone!

Zach
    zrtdesigns@yahoo.com

IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN DIDN'T EXOTIC ENTERPRISES MAKE A PERISCOPED ROOF? ???

Kwun, you are right they did.

Hello, I am intrested in talking to you about your V-8 and auto you used in your replica. I was thinking of useing an auto with a V-8 , probly use a TPI 350 or a TBI out of a truck or car.I want good reliable power amd has some ,get up and go when i want it. What type of mods did you do to the auto trans to handle the added stress of the 350. I want a good driving car with a decent 0-60 around four the five seconds. I would appricate an help on this subject

Hi Beerman,

The V8 conversion / fitting was the most challenging part of this project thus far. The V8 Archie kit works just fine for automatics, but the instuctions were incorrect. You can expect some reworking and frame mods to make it fit.
    I do have some photo close-ups of various mods that I will be posting shortly on my web site.

I had my tranny completely rebuilt but not modified at this point. I have heard that some improvements may be needed.
    Others here would likely have an opinion or some advice for you. I do know of someone that has run his automatic V8 conversion for over 20K miles with no trouble.

I would be glad to detail the process for you if you would like to talk.

Good Luck

Zach