Thread: kit car question???

kit car question???

??? just wondering, even though i don't tell people my car as being a real 355, but a replica they all seem to laugh and brush it off as a KIT and only a fiero! i'm still working on mine and i don't show it off yet but i was wondering is this a common thing that everybody pretty much goes blank as soon as you tell them its a REPLICA? and call it shit without seeing it?

just curious ???
    You know life is sad when you get excited on finding a full can of bondo in your garage!

Re: kit car question???

it probably depends on who you talk to. some people dont think of exotics as cars, but rather just a way to show off your money. others think its a sports car and all about the power, or maybe about the handling. and others think it's just about the looks (which kit cars are deep down, though some owners make them sporty). i guess it's all about who you talk to, and your attitude toward them. i can guarantee that if you're pompous and try to pass it off as the real thing, no one will like you.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

yeah, that is exactly why i underline the fact that it is a replica!
    You know life is sad when you get excited on finding a full can of bondo in your garage!

If honesty does not work, then go way off the deep end. Tell them that it is a Salvadorian made car base off a Studebaker. Then yell Fiero's suck. If you have not cracked a smile by now, then go for the gold... Ask the know-it-all if he has found God though Amway yet. (This works for door to door salespeople also) Then start a story about what life is going to be like when the UFO returns and everyone will be called George again. I would them start calling the guy George as much as possible.

PS. I really like messing with people.

after breaking down in a motorway services in a F40 rep and waiting 5 hours to be recovered i found it entertaining to sit back just in ear shot and listen to peoples views, the best one being "yes mate must be a real ferrari, its broken down". or if people ask is it a real one, i reply yes it is a real car!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    If honesty does not work, then go way off the deep end. Tell them that it is a Salvadorian made car base off a Studebaker. Then yell Fiero's suck. If you have not cracked a smile by now, then go for the gold... Ask the know-it-all if he has found God though Amway yet. (This works for door to door salespeople also) Then start a story about what life is going to be like when the UFO returns and everyone will be called George again. I would them start calling the guy George as much as possible.

PS. I really like messing with people.

hahahahaha this is great! i am just going to do this no matter what! hahahahaha

Kit cars are like fake breast. Sure they are not the same, but are still fun to look at.

people are JEALOUS! they will say its sucks no matter what you do to it. but oh they say the cobra replicas are good just as long as its not the lambos and ferraris. i think its bs. i can careless what they say. just look at the attention . its the same as a real one. and besides the real cars are also being called kits too. too bad for them... ;D

I like asking Pantera owner's, "What kind of kit car is that?" It is my way of getting even.

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    I like asking Pantera owner's, "What kind of kit car is that?" It is my way of getting even.
    You a bad man Shane. ;D