Thread: anybody ever hear of AMG customs, phoenix

mikeo

anybody ever hear of AMG customs, phoenix

has anybody ever heard of AMG customs out of Phoenix, AZ?? He has a Diablo kit, exterior pcs only on e bay for $3500.00. I've e mailed him a few times and he seems like a nice guy, doesn't build kits for a living and doesn't claim to. He's just a small Fiberglass shop. Kit looks normal though, just wondering if anyone has any good or bad feedback.

Re: anybody ever hear of AMG customs, phoenix

http://www.kitcar.com/consumeralert/home.html
    read under Financial Vision/Big Boy Toys/Anthony Garrison , i believe this is the same person or persons. i know the pictures are the same.
    www.exoticglass1.com

http://www.financial-vision.com
    http://www.AMGcustoms.com
    here you go, the site is owned by the same person. i have heard lots of bad stuff about these guys.
    www.exoticglass1.com

mikeo

Wow, thanks for the tip. I'll keep looking!

mikeo

IN one of the old links from July, it has an address of 2231 W Shangri La Rd, Suite Q Phoenix, 85053. He started getting down on Ron From Top Gun in his e mail to me, I wonder if they were "Partners" Either way, just goes to show, you never know who knows who...Anyhow, he said I could stp by and check out the molds anytime, but he didn't have a completed car, cause he makes em to order, I e mailed him one more time the other night with some more questions, but he didn't get back to me. The dude's name was Anthony Michael Garrison. (AMG). Still not a bad deal, a Diablo body for $3800.00?? if you don't mind a lot of sweat equity.

http://www.lamborghinireplicas.com/
    click on the galary link. this site belongs to Robert who was Anthony's partner at one time. The story was that Anthony ripped Robert off and took his molds and all his tooling and started his own business.
    www.exoticglass1.com

mikeo

Too bad, it looks like it was going to be a cool car. Is the other guy (Robert)still going to produce the car on his own????
    The more I think about it the more I could care less what their story is. As long as he honors the pricing, getting a Diablo body for $3500 or 3800 is a smokin deal, even if it does need a lot of work. I'm curious to see if anybody bids on this thing on Ebay, no bids as of today yet.. 8)

i've been seeing the ad for some time now. it may only be $3800 but i wouldn't send any deposit only pay when i pick it up because there is too much talk about them.
    www.exoticglass1.com

mikeo

I agree totally! Thanks for all the legwork. By the way, I got the info on ASPP in the mail today, it looks like a pretty cool deal. He sent me a reprint of an article in Kit Car may 01 where they took a stock Fiero and did the rebody, and it came out really nice. He includes everything in the kit except wheels and paint, for around $7000, and everything is bolt on. You have to fit trim some of the pieces, but most of it is bolt on and you keep the fwd roof section and the dooritself, but with a new outer shell.