Thread: is the fiero factory really this bad(uk)

is the fiero factory really this bad(uk)

after waiting over a 15 months for the F40rep built on a MR2 turbo steve bought to do the kit, i pick it up and the turbo was blown and ten miles down the road got so hot it melted a water pipe and had to be transported home, (400quid), and (1000)for the turbo. the cable to the boot has come of inside so i cant get in it and a mate has just pointed out that the light unit one side has fallen out!!! the kit is very good but i have been very disapointed,as nothing was tight,wiring had to be sorted as it keeped blowing fuses.i know with a kit car you never stop tweeking or mending things but after paying out a very large sum of money and having all the trim done at the same time i thought it would be at least ready to drive!!!!! winge over, i love the car, not very happy with the service!!

Re: is the fiero factory really this bad(uk)

did you buy the mr2 or did fiero factory? i know the fiero factory are very slow to do kits,quick to take a deposit though!

they got the car, it looked good to, very clean! and yes he likes his cash deposit. like i said the body work is good its just him!! i dont know how they earn money, there were cars there that needed doing for people nearly as long as i waited and were still there when i picked mine up.

Yep, unfortunately they have always been like this. I had 2 wasted journeys to their 'work'shop to see the 355 replica when it first came out on the fiero years ago. The most I ever got to see was a front bumper fitted to the car. All the other times I got excuses about beingat the paint shopm, having tracking done, , etc etc, which I suppose isnt too bad when you ring, but when you have just driven 3 hours to see them after they said it was available you tend to get a bit pi55ed off with them.

I got impatient with them & didnt trust them at all so I bought a 308 kit from elsewhere.

I really didnt like their attitude either, they give the impression they were doing you a favour supplying you with a kit

A friend wanted to find out about the MR4T a while ago but it seems you have to buy their product information!! they want the customer to pay for their own advertising!! I can understand a small postage cost but expecting you to cough up for their printing etc is just plain cheeky!

My 2 pence worth!

Andy

308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

how much was the doner? really they should provide some sort of mechanic report for the car. i supose thats the risk you take.
    steve at ff is one of the main guys in the kit industry, hes been around for years but i know they are very good at the pr stuff and then go slow once they have your money. they also do more than kits, they do all sorts of glassfber stuff from riding helmets to cars for other companys. i had clauses when i gave them my fiero to work on, start to end date, payment once satified etc,if there honest then that shouldnt be a problem