Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LAMBORGHINI 25TH

LAMBORGHINI 25TH

Hi
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1857144922

I just saw this car on Ebay and I just have to say something. I saw this car 2 yrs ago on the turkey rod run in Daytona. The car was very nice and I got to talk to the owner for quite a bit, he told me he bought the car at an auction. Now two years later I see this on Ebay, saying that the car has over 60k on it, well.... I don't know, but this just does not sound right, specially when it comes w/ a "Porshe" transmission, how can that be if the motor is mounted the same as a Fiero. Well I just had to vent a little .

Re: LAMBORGHINI 25TH

One of my biggest issues with the whole Countach kit scene has been the price of the kit versus the cost of an original car. I have seen real Countach's that were in good shape go for 55K. You could easily spend that on a kit no problem at all. I have always gone by the 50% rule. If it costs more than half of the original, don't buy it. 35K for this 25th is not bad, because the car looks nice enough. But he's using a getrag transmission for sure with the small block transversley mounted like that. Of course seeing it in person may be another issue entirely.
    Dave

kitcarnut

Kit versus original? you may be right on price cost. Friend of mine has 87 Countach real one,bought it drove 2k on it and here comes the clutch.10K RPM proof clutch and labour $15 THOUSAND CAN. like almost 10 US.as for insurance big differance as well and they both drive on weekends.and you know when he drove the real Lambo he was asked is that a Kit?? Makes you wonder.

:'( OUCH! I'm afraid it might have been a very nice monument for quite some time! Hard to imagine how they justify that cost for repair?

Kitcarnut you are 100% right, no only is the ins. and the cost of repairs very high but you also have to wait quite a while to be able to get parts, I know of a 6.0 that has been in the shop for almost a year, if not a little more, they had been waiting on parts then when they got the parts from Italy they were the wrong ones.
    About the car on Ebay, I know the car is worth it, the only thing that bother me is some of the things said like Porshe transmission, and "not fiero seats" to me that is just misleading.

One obvious problem... that is not an LT1 motor.

Did anyone else notice the top of the drivers side door seems to be missing in two of the pics? Could it be removable? A little "photoshop" trickery? Hmmmmmm.....

LarryBud, I think that it looks like the top is missing because of the angle on the top half of the door.

the car looks like the older IFG before they fixed the problem with the front wheel openings but the front bumper doesn't look like theirs.
    www.exoticglass1.com

:-[ You are correct Lamb,,,,,,,,,,,,I shouldn't have done so much cough syrup that night! and those ludes,,,,,,,and the wine was sooo dry........ 8)