Thread: exotic rebodies?

exotic rebodies?

Anyone have any experience with these guys by chance?
    http://www.exoticrebodies.com/

Re: exotic rebodies?

I understand their kits are of good quality but they do not use real glass windows.

I have there 25Th Countach kit, I am very happy with the glass work on my kit. I Know they use a different company to do the glass work for them now though. I have had no problems with them. The only issue with them is that they only sell the glass, You need to source out all the parts to build the kit. They don't use real glass windows and they are not setup to go down, But That can be changed What kit are you thinking about ?. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Trevor,

I have there 25Th Countach kit, I am very happy with the glass work on my kit. I Know they use a different company to do the glass work for them now though. I have had no problems with them. The only issue with them is that they only sell the glass, You need to source out all the parts to build the kit. They don't use real glass windows and they are not setup to go down, But That can be changed * What kit are you thinking about ?. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Trevor,

I really like the Diabolic roadster, but the countache looks very good as well.

mikeo

Hey there, I went over and saw Kurt's roadster at his house last weekend.( the same car as in the build up section of the website) Super nice guys. Joe and Kurt were talking with my son and I for about an hour. I was kind of bummed to find out a few things:they have no actual shop (it's a hobby for them), they didn't have an actual body to show me. The body that Kurt has was a kit from somebody else, that used the 6.0 conversion parts from Exotic Rebodies. The pieces from Exotic Rebodies were way better quality (mold lines, etc) than the original kit he has. I also fumbled on another site that had a build history on Kurt's car and it's been in the same condition as in those pics for 2 YEARS!! I guess they are just using his car as a demo to show pieces. He does have a lot going on, so maybe he'll get back to work on it some day.
    Well, in short, I'm ready to plop my money down, but I need to see a complete body first hand. I need to do some more fishing first. They were super nice guys, and the pieces that they had at the house looked real nice, but I need to see the whole body before I can be comfortable with shelling out 50% up fromt for them to mold me a body. :-/

mikeo

Been digging some more on these guys. Ran into a guy who says they get their bodies from the same shop in LA that TopGun got theirs (I haven't heard of Top Gun). Geez, how many middlemen can a deal have??