Thread: What is the most profitable kit car/replica to build?

What is the most profitable kit car/replica to build?

I hear Mustang eleanors dont cost too much to build but go for an average of $70k on ebay.

Re: What is the most profitable kit car/replica to build?

it depends on what you are talking about. the Super Snake is very desirable but it involves finding an old mustang of a certain year and model only, and then restoring it completely, then putting the new body on it. i dont think its too profitable but there are no legal problems and they have alot of attention to their business. they don't however sell kits.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

The ones that go for 70K are of exceptional build quality and do have a lot of money in them. Besides the cost of the parts and the car which are considerable, the labor is what you are paying for. You can build a decent looking elanor replica for much less but you wouldn't expect to bring the resale value near the prices you quoted.
    Scott

I would have to say the Cobra replicas. There is a relatively large demand for this classic which has broad appeal particularly with the Baby Boomer generation. This is probably the main factor for the number of Cobra kit makers today. Additionally, any late '60's - early 70's American Muscle car, if re-introduced with modern technology in the suspension & drivetrain etc., & built professionally with exacting detail will be a good bet. The company that restores the GT350/500 will also be re-introducing the '69 Camaro.

Does anyone else agree?

My brothera are in the Mustang buisiness. I know he has several 67-68 Fastback shells available.

Bill Gullatt
    Harvest, AL

any late '60's - early 70's American Muscle car, Does anyone else agree?
    Yep. I still cry about selling my '69 Camaro every time I watch Barret Jackson. The amount of money I got for it in excellent condition 13 years ago will barely buy a rusted out shell of one now. Modernized Muscle is in.

We would like to introduce You the new project of kit-car designed by the group of students - ProEngineering Team. Please, feel free to visit our site: http://proeng.atspace.com and send us your ideas about the project. The project is almost done for today and maybe created soon.
    Thank You very much, ProEngineering Team
    http://proeng.atspace.com

Quote Originally Posted by proeng
    We would like to introduce You the new project of kit-car designed by the group of students - ProEngineering Team. Please, feel free to visit our site: http://proeng.atspace.com and send us your ideas about the project. The project is almost done for today and maybe created soon.
    Thank You very much, ProEngineering Team
    http://proeng.atspace.com
    Is this car going to Pull the chicks?