Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new Kit-car project!

The new Kit-car project!

We would like to introduce You the new project of kit-car designed by the group of students - ProEngineering Team. Please, feel free to visit our site: http://proeng.atspace.com and send us your ideas about the project. The project is almost done for today and maybe created soon.
    Thank You very much, ProEngineering Team
    http://proeng.atspace.com

Re: The new Kit-car project!

Very cute lookin ride, pretty cool PRO-E stuff. I like the rear view mostly and I like the front wheels and body in general, the only thing that stands out to be a bit over done is the way the front piece sits there sort of hacked at to work in the instance, I would look at making that part more simple.

I'm only looking at it from a designers perspective.

y@<br />______<br />yup that means Wyatt---<br />http://wt-design.com/

Dear Wyatt!
    Thank You very much for the fast reply! Actually we do really appreciate any critics towards our Kit! It has the main idea " let it be worse, but other!" We will think about the front part near the wheels... there must be a sports double-lever suspension, so it must looks great! However U`re are always welcome to contact us, because our main goal is to make this kit-car alive, so we will be very glad to hear any your suggestions!
    Thanks a lot,
    Kostyantyn

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt
    Very cute lookin ride, pretty cool PRO-E stuff. I like the rear view mostly and I like the front wheels and body in general, the only thing that stands out to be a bit over done is the way the front piece sits there sort of hacked at to work in the instance, I would look at making that part more simple.

I'm only looking at it from a designers perspective.

I agree. A portion of fender removed to show an inner fender? And a light sitting on top? Hummm.... Like a rip in a shirt to show an undershirt!
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Daleford, thanks for attention!
    We thought, it must have a style of a sportbike... the rear part of it has two mudguards sometimes. Besides this the front part of this fender is important for aerodynamics. It must looks interesting to see how works the double-lever front suspension in time when you gonna ride on the border of road
    Looking more of Your critics,
    ProEngineering Team
    http://proeng.atspace.com

Hello, Everybody!
    How do You think which engine and gear-box will suite the best to this kit???
    Regards,
    ProEngineering Team
    http://proeng.atspace.com/

ummm, sorry just no nice way to say this ...but that is one ugly car ??? You need an honest opinion before you expend too many of your resources building this. You might continue with the chassis and powerplant layout but that body has got to go. It looks like a cross between a Citroen and a Mini? Neither cars known for their good looks. Back to the drawing board boys!
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariFan
    ummm, sorry just no nice way to say this ...but that is one ugly car ??? You need an honest opinion before you expend too many of your resources building this. You might continue with the chassis and powerplant layout but that body has got to go. It looks like a cross between a Citroen and a Mini? Neither cars known for their good looks.* Back to the drawing board boys!
    Thanks for the honest opinion. It is a one among many ideas of kits, that we have... and the main idea of this was "let it be worse, but another" as I wrote before. There will be some new versions of the front part, so if interested, You are always welcome at our site! Can I ask You about Your tastes in design? Which design among the manufacturers do You prefer? How do You see the design of DAX Kamala??
    Thank You once more!
    ProEngineering Team.

no offence, but this is the worst car I ever seen, guys I guess its a wrong forum for ya.... its not about building cars from the scratch its more about how to build the dream car from another car and of course I hope you will learn something from other cars designs, cause your "masterpiece" is nfg. and plz get better equipment looks like your 3D Max software is very old maybe soviet era computers? ;D You wanted the real opinion here it is. anyway good luck in your future designs hope they will be better than this one.

The Dax Kamala is an interesting but not a "sexy" design like some of the pininfarina products. My favorite cars from a design standpoint are the Ford GT40, Lamborghini Miura, DeTomaso Pantera, Ferrari P4, F-40, 355 The Ultima GTR is good example of a sexy looking limited production sportscar. A good design should look fast just sitting still. It's hard to put into words but "sex on wheels" is the look you should be striving for. At least for the members of this forum.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.