Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLUG

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

PLUG

Any one know what happen to this plug ,or has the people stopped working on it ,or is it for sale ??? 8) :

In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Re: PLUG

ask him

Bobi1

Lamborghini Gallardo plug

No answer about this question ,some of the people on here ,only talk to a select group ,if one of them post then they all do, if not none of them do. so giving a BUMP on a question, to get back to the top, does not help ( by giving others a chance to read it ) here unless the leader say its O .K. to give out info. : ???
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

I'll try and email the guy for an update
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Thanks ,just trying to see why it died off ,see if they are gong to pull off a left half an a right half an seam it back together down the middle of the roof an put a hood an trunk on it

generally speaking, plugs area easy to start, expsnive to work on, and hard to finish well, so when you add up the factors, the result is usually that people give up or scrap the project if they are doing it as a hobby. a business like a body shop usually goes to the end since they have the need for a tangible product, but at about $3500 im materials before being able to pull a single kit out (and that's $1300 in fiberglass supplies per kit once molds are made) it's usually hard to justify on a slim budget. a real shame most of the time...
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Bobi1

It's very easy to finish if you know how to work with these materials

i'm not sure how many you have done, but working on a bumper myself, i can say it takes a very long time and alot of work to go from a plug to a smooth final finish. sure it's easy to half ass it but no one will want to buy it if it's all wavy, not smooth, or not symmetrical...
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Bobi1

the best method (by me) is:

- use THIN wooden slice planes to create the main lines of the body

- then fill the holes with "fibran" or other hard foam (I don't prefer the liquid foam for this ??? but I use it only to attach the fibran parts to the wooden cell)

- then form the fibran with hand sculptor grater

- for the final forming use warily finish with grind mashine

- then add a thin layer epoxy resin

- now you must add a THIN layer car bondo, finish with the grind mashine and add a layer car paint (repeat this operation until you make the body as perfect as possible)