Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Car Design

Custom Car Design

Hey Guys,
    Since some people are showing some of their custom designs, I thought I would show what I have been working on as well. Something about the stance of the car doesnt seem right, I believe its the windsheild area. Let me know what you think. BTW I know the modelling of the car isnt the best, but I am not too good at it, which is why designing this is taking me so long.
    Thanks

Re: Custom Car Design

sehnsucht_musik,

Welcome, glad to see you here. I hope your're ready!

My own personal opinion. I think the large scoop on the top is what is causing you to see something that is just not right. When I first saw the model I didn't particularlly like the tail lights but they have grown on me.

Like one guy told me on here or on kitcentral one. the first person I have to make happy is me. Enjoy the process.

Mike

Pretty slick. Now let's see it built.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

turmite, I am ready. I know that in the end I am pleasing myself, but I severly suffer from the "can't see the forest for the trees" syndrome. I get so bogged down in the details I cannot see if what I am doing is actually working for the car, so I need a second opinion. To be honest I spent a long time thinking about the front and it turned out to be too close to an enzo, I am thinking about changing that somehow, and the rear I kind of threw together and I think it looks pretty good. As for the taillights and headlights, I was trying to go for the pissed off look. I think I somewhat accomplished that.

Bob, Thanks for the compliment, and it will be built someday, I plan to start within the next five years, right now I am designing, planning and learning before I dive in. I know a decent amount... enough to know I dont know nearly enough to start this yet.

As for the roof intakes, I am not sure that it is the problem. I took them off my model, and it looks a little better but I think its missing something. I also attached my previous model with the roof scoops, this one seems to have the stance that I am going for. I think its time to say bye to the corvette windshield and find one that closer resembles a Diablo windshield.
    Thanks, looking forward to more comments.

I like that second one you posted.

Your designs are very aggressive and outrageous. I like that. The first shots had a bit less proportion then the previous shots, maybe taken at a funny angle? Whatever the last shot is, I like it.

sweet design! ;D keep us posted! 8)

I plan to start within the next five years, right now I am designing, planning and learning before I dive in. I know a decent amount... enough to know I dont know nearly enough to start this yet.
    I hear you there....

I like the first one without the roof vents. Both are crazy nuts, but the first just has that "in your face" attitude.

Remember that no matter how much detail you put into the model, no method to go from model to plug will be perfect. The details will be in the plug.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

i think it needs more scoops and lines ;D ;D

I think the first one had the roof up too high giving a "fat" look to the windshield. Awesome work on the models though! I really like the second design better though. Just my .02 8)

The second one looks like a totally different car. I like it a lot better but I think a lot of it is that it you added a lot more detail with door lines and panel lines. The first one looks more like a toy without all of the detail.
    Scott