Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CONVERTIBLE HARD TOP

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

CONVERTIBLE HARD TOP

Trying to get this convertible hard top cut for my car ,any ideas on latches for the windshield post ,i am thinking about putting a cadallic electric trunk latch , between the roll bars,to pull the top down ,for the middle of the back ,i need to find something nice for the "A" pillows

In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Re: CONVERTIBLE HARD TOP

I am going to use 1997 Mazda Miata latches at the front end of my top. I have not decided to stay with the targa or go full convertible but either way the Miata latches look really good and would fit in well.

Good Luck
    don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I HAVE USED IN THE PAST , THE ONES FROM A FIAT SPYDER, OR TR7 , OR ANYTHING YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON FROM ANY CONVERTIBLE THAT YOU THINK YOU W/LIKE, THE SHIPEST WAY I FOUND, I WENT TO A WRECKING YARD AND JUST LOOK FOR ALL THE CONVERTIBLES, AND CHOOSE THE ONE U WANT . GOOD LUCK MARIO

I want to build a N* GT roadster and would like to put a hard top on it also, just using a tonneau cover and not running it during the rainy season. I had a hard top for my TR7 and it worked out great. I never put the soft top up. If any of you are going that way or making something that I could buy, I would sure be interested. My TR7 top was covered in material that made it look like a soft top. I would also be interested in a chop top version.

i will post the progress as it take shape , an i hope it will work on some other projects to , an yes i was thinking of covering it in black convertible canvas 8) ;D
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

If you get a good mold, I may be interested in a hard shell. keep us posted.

The G-code is being wrote, to cut it in the next 3-4 weeks, afterwards it will be covered in a lite coat of cavisile an blocked out ,it will be made of cloth & mat to make it lightweight an then covered in a corvette style canvas 8)

the plug will be finished in a week or so ,if anyone is still interested 8) ;D the removable top should look like this burgandy red top on this car

hoping it turn out like this one , working hard to get it done an kep it lite

the top section is cut , working on the butress an back glass area