Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to use a 355 gas tank........?

Is it possible to use a 355 gas tank........?

HI all,

Has anyone ever though of using a 355 gas tank in thier conversion?? Would there still be enough room for one with the stretch??
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Re: Is it possible to use a 355 gas tank........?

If you just want the flat floor do what the Ferrari Challenge guys do. Put a 22 gallon fuel cell up front.

Dave

Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Hi all,

As small as the 355 OEM tank is, I kinda thought it would still be at least a tight fit, but if it won't fit then it won't fit.......Yeah, I would like to have a flat floor, but I also want a sub up front, and the sub wins out............THANX all for your time...........!
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Also consider what could occur having the fuel cell up front in a high speed collision. Yikes...

HI all,

I still just can't let this idea pass......And I can't believe noone ever though of it too... Surprises me!! Does anyone know the dimensions of the 355 gas tank?? Know of a site that might offer these dimensions?? OR a book to read about the 355, that would give these technical dimensions...?? I have a pic of it from a ferrari forum, but they haven't been able to come up with the dimensions yet.......

You can ask this guy to measure his for you. I have talked to him before and he is a really nice guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferra...spagenameZWDVW
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

HI all,

THANX for the link.... It never gets to me how an answer can sooooo simple... I thought the ferrari forums were the better bet for the dimensions....EBAY just may do the trick! thanx......

I can get you a 355 gas tank,and also the dimensions, but why would you want to use one?

i think it would be a very hard thing to fit. the reason why you would want one is because the fiero has a very small tank. however it goes into the center tunnel if i remember correctly, and the 355 does not, so it might not fit at all. i would go for a replica diablo style twin fuel cells on the sides
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

How about fitting an MR2 tank in one.they are not to small.and go in the center tunnel