Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kit Car Central

Kit Car Central

We are launching Kit Car Central, a website dedicated to the kit car enthusiast. So that the site will be interesting and informative, we would like your input in the form of build stories, events, technical tips, or other items you would like to share. Build stories can cover engine swaps, interiors, complete car kits, or minor modifications.

If you are member of a club, your club can have a free profile and post news items and events. Forums (including this one) can also have free profiles. The profiles section will be launched soon.

Manufacturers will be posting items about their new products and services, so you can see the latest items sooner.

Please visit our site to see what we will be offering and to contribute your story and pictures. Your input will help to make the site a place to see new ideas and products.

We will also be launching Cobra Kit Central soon.

Thanks.
    Johnny Amos<br />Tachyon Networks<br />Kit Car Central<br />Cobra Kit Central

Re: Kit Car Central

all i can say is that half of my screen is advertisements when i opened the site up... :
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Garbage ... put something of value on the site before you spam other sites. You are showing to the world that you have nothing to offer other than advertising and a website.
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

Yes I have to agree with AutoMX and jlamos, all I see is a bunch of ads. And I personally feel thats kind of rude to go on another persons website and advertise yours??? I mean your only post on here is about your own site? Not cool.

come on guys, he's a fellow enthusiast trying to promote the industry....he obvisouly needs ads to maintain the site...give him a chance..

those ads actually slow down my computer which i find quite scary.

if the guy is willing to add actual contect and remove all the moneymaking sources like ads on that site, i would be willing to host it for free. but as is, it make the site look like a get-rich-quick scheme. those ads pay about $0.03 to 0.06 per view and something like $0.15 to $0.35 per click, and there 2 or more on the page, so when you have alot of traffic thats $100s for not doing anything. my friend runs a site like that and generates some $300 a month from offering free .com's in exchange for the ads.
    since setting up a generic site is pretty easy and free, some people go to random forums like this and try to make it look like they are into the topic of the forum, and adversite their new site. in the end nothing happens to the site but the guy get money from all those curious people on those forums checking the site.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

i suppose then we just gotta wait and see how genuine it is....i dont intend visiting that site again anyway....i dont think any first time visitors intend doing that either..

It seems that I may not have been clear.

I'll try again.

• Kit Car Central IS NOT a forum and we do not compete with forums. We paid for advertising on another forum where we made the same announcement, but this forum does not have ads.
    • Kit Car Central IS NOT ready for consumption by the general public which is why we have not started our main advertising campaigns.
    • What we ARE doing is looking for people to write for us. We are looking for people who know the kit car industry who can write about events, new products or services, opinion and analysis, etc., and WE PAY.
    • Kit Car Central DOES NOT have any content yet because YOU haven't made any submissions.
    • Kit Car Central IS NOT a magazine, it's a weblog, so the posts are generally shorter and published more often.
    • We are looking for two to three people who can write there own posts as well as edit other submissions. We would like to publish 60 to 80 posts a month.

So if you are enthusiastic about kit cars, can write, and are looking to make some extra income, head on over to our handy contact form and show me what you can do.
    http://kitcarcentral.com/contact/

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMX
    if the guy is willing to add actual contect and remove all the moneymaking sources like ads on that site, i would be willing to host it for free.
    We are looking for writers to add "actual" content. I haven't heard anyone complain about Kit Car Magazine selling ad space. We have hired a reputable and very capable hosting company (Rackspace) to host our sites and have no need for free hosting. Thanks anyway.

but as is, it make the site look like a get-rich-quick scheme. those ads pay about $0.03 to 0.06 per view and something like $0.15 to $0.35 per click, and there 2 or more on the page, so when you have alot of traffic thats $100s for not doing anything.
    If, by "those ads" you mean the Google Adsense ads, we've made a whopping $2.64! Woo hoo! In another few years we should have made enough to pay for one month's hosting.

my friend runs a site like that and generates some $300 a month from offering free .com's in exchange for the ads.
    We do not run a "free .com's in exchange for the ads" service.

since setting up a generic site is pretty easy and free, some people go to random forums like this and try to make it look like they are into the topic of the forum, and adversite their new site. in the end nothing happens to the site but the guy get money from all those curious people on those forums checking the site.
    We are launching Kit Car Central and Cobra Kit Central because the Publisher and CEO of our company (Tachyon Networks) owns several kit cars and is himself an enthusiast. I am sure that we will be profiling some of his cars in the future.

just pointing out the way he makes money to cover expenses, i didn't say that you offered the same services in any way.

but let me ask this, if those ads do not make any real amount of money, why not remove them? this whole conversation would not be going on if 70% of visible space on the site was not taken up be advertisement.

no site starts of easy with plenty of content, and i completely understand, but at this rate, plastering the site with google ads will not help you get content at all.